President of Pax River Raiders

meatfist

I suspect what they want is anonymity. A legit news organization isn't going to publish without people going on the record.
Like I said, write letters to the editor. Keep writing. But you have to sign your name.

While I understand your point. Does anyone's anonymity make this more or less true? This isn't a rumor being spread to stir up trouble. This is fact, he did this and plead guilty to it. The question is how/why did the county, with all their wonderful 'Community Standards in youth Sports' allow someone convicted of a sex crime to coach and then later own a youth league? It’s obvious why Berg hid/lied about it. I don't think anyone here has claimed it’s still going on or he's done this since. The facts are there, the info has been given out to the groups you would hope would get involved, but they haven't.

It's obvious nothing is going to come of this. I'm sure he will continue to be in charge of his league just as he has been no matter whose name is listed as President. With luck no one else was violated like the 14 yr old back in 2000/1, and hopefully the county starts to use the "standards" they have been claiming to have.

tom88

What does it matter what the motive was behind the person who reported this? It doesn't change the fact that this guy was convicted of a crime against a thirteen year old child. The facts of the case, which he agreed to in his plea agreement, (not an Alford plea, but an I'm guilty plea) are much worst than the crime he pled guilty to.

I think the point of this is do we want a guy, who was 26 years old at the time of his crime to have unsupervised asccess to other peoples children without those parents knowing his history?

PrepH4U

In agreement with Bernie P - to let the media help sort this out. (I also, do not have a dog in this fight) - but there are other media outlets besides the Enterprise that you can take this to. Whether you like them or not - they can get you exposure: County Times, theBayNet, smnewsnet.

Just a suggestion. Best of luck to you.

It was published in the County Times. Looks like the County may have blinders on....

tom88

Letters to the Editor?
Are you claiming a conspiracy? That the Enterprise is part of a coverup?

What I see is that the letters to the editor and this forum can both be used to pubilcally discuss issues. The diffrerence is that this forum allows some annonimity while letters to the editor have to be signed.

Again, I don't have a dog in the fight. But given the history of youth football in this county I am skeptical that there is not more to this "expose" than meets the eye.

This was reported to the news media. I believe the County Times is the only paper to write an article. If the enterprise isn't going to publish an article with the information, what makes you think they will publish a letter to the editor?

I think most people are upset because he is still involved in the league although those in the league say he is not. People are seeing him on the field with a whistle, in the booth while the games are going on.

sockgirl77

Players still call him 'Coach Howie'.

I've never heard anyone refer to him as Howie other than people that he went to high school with. The kids have called him Harold. He introduced himself as Coach Berg during the spring camp.:shrug:

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
What does it matter what the motive was behind the person who reported this? It doesn't change the fact that this guy was convicted of a crime against a thirteen year old child. The facts of the case, which he agreed to in his plea agreement, (not an Alford plea, but an I'm guilty plea) are much worst than the crime he pled guilty to.

I think the point of this is do we want a guy, who was 26 years old at the time of his crime to have unsupervised asccess to other peoples children without those parents knowing his history?

Parents are supposed to be at the field during practices. If the parent is there then nobody has unsupervised access to other folks children.

sockgirl77

Parents are supposed to be at the field during practices. If the parent is there then nobody has unsupervised access to other folks children.

Why can't you guys see that he has NO business at all on the field according to the County and AYF guidelines?

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Why can't you guys see that he has NO business at all on the field according to the County and AYF guidelines?

But he is. If you are concerned, then you have the ability to limit your interaction and/or your childs with him. My point is that parents are supposed to be at the field when their child is. If the parent remains like they are supposed to, then nobody has unsupervised access to the kids.

sockgirl77

But he is. If you are concerned, then you have the ability to limit your interaction and/or your childs with him. My point is that parents are supposed to be at the field when their child is. If the parent remains like they are supposed to, then nobody has unsupervised access to the kids.

My child no longer plays. Right now, I'm quite thankful. That league seriously has issues. AYF needs to come down and see to it that ALL of the coaches and volunteers that deal with the children can pass a valid background check.

L

letmetellyou

What about the times when parents have picked equipment up at his house and he has had cheerleaders helping him? Why is it he feels it necessary to put himself around kids?

BernieP

Resident PIA
What about the times when parents have picked equipment up at his house and he has had cheerleaders helping him? Why is it he feels it necessary to put himself around kids?

and just how did the cheerleaders get there? Do they drive?

Come on, get with the times, this is Maryland, we just redefined marriage to add a man and a man. What about man and women, or man and child. Ever heard of NAMBLA (ask Barney Frank if you haven't). It's the cool thing.

So I'm guessing you're just jealous?

Hank

my war

Come on, get with the times, this is Maryland, we just redefined marriage to add a man and a man. What about man and women, or man and child. Ever heard of NAMBLA (ask Barney Frank if you haven't). It's the cool thing.

You're an azzhole...

L

letmetellyou

Why does it not shock me that you are familiar with nambla? The way you defend child molesters in this and other threads reveals your true intent.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Why does it not shock me that you are familiar with nambla? The way you defend child molesters in this and other threads reveals your true intent.

Yep, Barney Frank and I are best pals.

Personally I don't care what he does or you do, I think the entire youth football situation in this county is full of AZZHOLES.

I have heard more biatiching and complaints, seen more iinappropriate behavior from parents and children associated with thse clubs than in almost any organization outside of political parties.

More public airings of who has done what, who owns what, I'm not sure if there are 2 side, 3 sides but most certianly ther situation is full of backsides.

Dear God, these are kids, they don't drive themselves. Simply asked who was responsible.

Doesn't this organization have a parent's meeting before the season starts? A forum where the coaches and managers can inform the parents of the ins and outs, the plans for the seaosn. A forum where parents can raise these types of questions?

Hell, stand by the parking lot at practices and games with a petition.

What the hell have the parents done but ##### on the interwebz?

FWIW, If you aren't familiar with what NAMBLA is and it's relation to Barney Frank y'all need to read more. Casue sure as ####, your kids know more about it than you do.

L

letmetellyou

You are one of those know it all azzwipes who think they are superior to everybody else, even though you can't spell and write a decent paragraph.

These people have shown you that they have done the things you told them to do, ie; write the media, but that's not good enough for you. Since you took a stand, with this offender, you have to try and prove these people who are trying to get the word our are doing something wrong.

I've seen your style before. You must lead a really miserable life. I bet you argue with people five times a day, and you being obstinate has cost you in your personal and professional life.

MarieB

Yep, Barney Frank and I are best pals.

Personally I don't care what he does or you do, I think the entire youth football situation in this county is full of AZZHOLES.

I have heard more biatiching and complaints, seen more iinappropriate behavior from parents and children associated with thse clubs than in almost any organization outside of political parties.

More public airings of who has done what, who owns what, I'm not sure if there are 2 side, 3 sides but most certianly ther situation is full of backsides.

Dear God, these are kids, they don't drive themselves. Simply asked who was responsible.

Doesn't this organization have a parent's meeting before the season starts? A forum where the coaches and managers can inform the parents of the ins and outs, the plans for the seaosn. A forum where parents can raise these types of questions?

Hell, stand by the parking lot at practices and games with a petition.

FWIW, If you aren't familiar with what NAMBLA is and it's relation to Barney Frank y'all need to read more. Casue sure as ####, your kids know more about it than you do.

what does all of that have to do with a sex offender, who by what I read as far as regulations, should not be involved with children and children's sports

It's been reported in the paper, and he admitted to it - people here have stated that they have lodged complaints - why is he still involved now? He should have been barred immediately, even if it was pending investigation

YOu have the nerve to blame the parents