President's Address

SamSpade

I didn't see a discussion about this elsewhere so --

It didn't answer the only question I had, why is - WHY? Sure he said he needed to pass the torch to a next generation, so to protect democracy he was going to end campaigning.

But - so? Sure, it's an ANSWER, but it doesn't say why. If your boss gave that as the reason for leaving their job - would that be enough?

This is a man who for three weeks and right up until the announcement, said repeatedly that he was staying in, because - many reasons - but also because he believed he had the best chance to defeat Donald Trump. I would think, the whole country wants to know, what changed your mind?

Is he - healthy? Did he suddenly realize he wasn't healthy ENOUGH to do another four years as President? Was it something more obvious - that pressure from an increasing number of party members, concerned they would LOSE elections down ballot - persuaded him?

Could he have even given a more euphemistic and honest answer - I am off my game - I want to stay home with my family - maybe I won't live another four years. He really didn't give an answer.

My take from it was this - since he insisted it was about protecting democracy, he decided to give up because someone ELSE had a better chance of winning. That is the only explanation for why "protecting democracy" would be the 'reason' - because he believed he would LOSE.

OVERALL - the Democratic Party SHOULD HAVE KNOWN almost a year ago, that he should not run again. He announced over a year ago - and the primaries are done, or nearly so, if I missed any. The decision to PASS THE TORCH - if that really is the reason - should have been decided a year ago. No one has ever dropped out THIS LATE or after securing the votes - if they ever drop out, it's because they don't have or will never have, the votes.

I feel basically - like the whole party is, essentially, LYING again. They lied when they propped him up for years, and they are lying now.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I feel basically - like the whole party is, essentially, LYING again. They lied when they propped him up for years, and they are lying now.

Whenever you hear the MSM or Democrats speak....

MV5BYzliYjdlZjUtZWZkYi00ZDBhLWI4YWUtZjZhOTM2ZmUwMzEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg3NDI3MjM@._V1_.jpg

SamSpade

You'll have to wait until 10:30-11:00 to get an answer from the other side of the aisle.
Probably have most of them on ignore - at least, the more shrill ones.

I actually thought he MIGHT resign from office. Honestly, THAT would have given Kamala a HUGE edge. Being able to - from the Oval Office - do all sorts of things to thwart his candidacy. PLUS - if she wins, she can run AGAIN.

But he didn't even give the typical, need to spend more time with family. I expected him to gloss over it by saying - I am not up for another four years.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Party Apparatchik realized Crooked Joe was NOT Going to Win Against Trump

workerbee

I didn't see a discussion about this elsewhere so --

It didn't answer the only question I had, why is - WHY? Sure he said he needed to pass the torch to a next generation, so to protect democracy he was going to end campaigning.

But - so? Sure, it's an ANSWER, but it doesn't say why. If your boss gave that as the reason for leaving their job - would that be enough?

This is a man who for three weeks and right up until the announcement, said repeatedly that he was staying in, because - many reasons - but also because he believed he had the best chance to defeat Donald Trump. I would think, the whole country wants to know, what changed your mind?

Is he - healthy? Did he suddenly realize he wasn't healthy ENOUGH to do another four years as President? Was it something more obvious - that pressure from an increasing number of party members, concerned they would LOSE elections down ballot - persuaded him?

Could he have even given a more euphemistic and honest answer - I am off my game - I want to stay home with my family - maybe I won't live another four years. He really didn't give an answer.

My take from it was this - since he insisted it was about protecting democracy, he decided to give up because someone ELSE had a better chance of winning. That is the only explanation for why "protecting democracy" would be the 'reason' - because he believed he would LOSE.

OVERALL - the Democratic Party SHOULD HAVE KNOWN almost a year ago, that he should not run again. He announced over a year ago - and the primaries are done, or nearly so, if I missed any. The decision to PASS THE TORCH - if that really is the reason - should have been decided a year ago. No one has ever dropped out THIS LATE or after securing the votes - if they ever drop out, it's because they don't have or will never have, the votes.

Just doing what he's told.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You seem surprised by this.

Imagine....Democrats lying.... 🤔

An example that's going around right now:

Brian Kilmeade was talking about Kamala addressing a college sorority instead of attending Netanyahu's congressional address. Some brand name Dembot tweeted that he said "colored" sorority, and all the other Dembots picked it up. It was a blatant flat out lie....and all the good boys and girls gobbled and puked as commanded. Never mind why they'd want to go after Brian Kilmeade of all people, this is what they do - they lie, then perpetuate the lie, and suddenly half the country believes the lie.

"Trump told Americans to inject bleach in their veins." Trump never said any such thing, but JOE FREAKING BIDEN has been saying it for years and just said it again the other day.

If a Democrat says it, you might as well just assume it's a lie because that's all they ever do.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
You seem surprised by this.

Imagine....Democrats lying.... 🤔

An example that's going around right now:

Brian Kilmeade was talking about Kamala addressing a college sorority instead of attending Netanyahu's congressional address. Some brand name Dembot tweeted that he said "colored" sorority, and all the other Dembots picked it up. It was a blatant flat out lie....and all the good boys and girls gobbled and puked as commanded. Never mind why they'd want to go after Brian Kilmeade of all people, this is what they do - they lie, then perpetuate the lie, and suddenly half the country believes the lie.

I really would love to know how "Colored" became a slur. :rolleyes:

All things being equal I would have bet on "Black" being the negative word before colored but here in opposites world...

DaSDGuy

I am wondering how Brandon can legally donate all $91M from his campaign funds to Kamala when the legal limit for a donation is $3,300 per election?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am wondering how Brandon can legally donate all $91M from his campaign funds to Kamala when the legal limit for a donation is $3,300 per election?

Democrats have never cared about campaign finance laws. They do as they please and maybe occasionally get a strongly worded letter as punishment.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I really would love to know how "Colored" became a slur. :rolleyes:

All things being equal I would have bet on "Black" being the negative word before colored but here in opposites world...
Seems "People Of Color" needs to be replaced with "People Of Varying Melanin Levels".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I almost felt bad for him.

I don't. You're talking about Joe, right? Yeah, I have no sympathy for him. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Just goes to show what a weakling he is and how he was never in charge in the first place.

Remember when congressional Republicans were trying to force Trump out and he gave them the old yuck foo 🖕 ?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't. You're talking about Joe, right? Yeah, I have no sympathy for him. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Just goes to show what a weakling he is and how he was never in charge in the first place.

Remember when congressional Republicans were trying to force Trump out and he gave them the old yuck foo 🖕 ?
I was talking about Joe. And I used the word ALMOST. :lmao:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I have to give the Dems credit, the timing of all this (decision/announcement Sunday to drop out, and last night's address) is a nice piece of political gamesmanship. They likely eliminated any post assassination attempt/convention polling bump Trump was likely to get.

limblips

PREMO Member
I actually thought he MIGHT resign from office. Honestly, THAT would have given Kamala a HUGE edge. Being able to - from the Oval Office - do all sorts of things to thwart his candidacy. PLUS - if she wins, she can run AGAIN.
I doubt the puppeteers will allow him to resign, too big of a risk. It is better to have Willie's Willy Knobber talk about all she will do as POTUS and spread lies about the right than to make her POTUS and have the people see her true ineptness and incompetence.