President's Address

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I find the situation Kamala NEVER claimed b0eing black unless that was politically advantageous

Some Pro Blacks like Umar Johnson are calling KH a POC, but says she IS NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES black, and basically she is a traitor to the ' problack ' cause because she married a white guy

StmarysCity79

I am wondering how Brandon can legally donate all $91M from his campaign funds to Kamala when the legal limit for a donation is $3,300 per election?

As i explained yesterday they are on the same ticket so the donations go to both of them.

"Because that money was raised for Harris, alongside Biden, the money may be used for her own campaign for the presidency. Other Democratic candidates could not use the money as their own, although the campaign could instead transfer it to the Democratic National Committee.

“The campaign account, though we think about it as Joe Biden’s campaign account, actually belongs to both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” Daniel Weiner, a lawyer with the Brennan Center and former FEC counsel, told POLITICO prior to Biden’s dropping out."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Where Biden's money goes now

Campaign finance experts disagree on the specifics of what the Biden campaign will be able to do with its money.

Charles Spies, a Republican campaign finance law expert, argued in an opinion article in The Wall Street Journal that Biden would have needed to formally accept the Democratic nomination for president before passing the campaign's existing funds to Vice President Kamala Harris as long as she remained on the ticket. Biden endorsed her shortly after announcing his withdrawal from the race.

But without having accepted the nomination, Spies wrote that Biden becomes beholden to the Federal Election Campaign Act's rules regulating "excess campaign funds" and can no longer donate more than $2,000 to any other candidate, including Harris.

Saurav Ghosh, the director of federal campaign finance reform at the Campaign Legal Center, told Reuters that, as long as Harris remains in the race, she automatically has access to the campaign's shared funds — regardless of whether the pair had formally accepted the nomination or not, since both names appeared on the same campaign registration documents.

But Spies and Ghosh noted that either way, there are workarounds. The Biden campaign can either refund its donors, Ghosh told Reuters, or, they agreed, the campaign can direct the money to the Democratic National Committee.

Last edited:

StmarysCity79

I don't. You're talking about Joe, right? Yeah, I have no sympathy for him. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Just goes to show what a weakling he is and how he was never in charge in the first place.

Remember when congressional Republicans were trying to force Trump out and he gave them the old yuck foo 🖕 ?

It was his decision. He had the delgates pledged already and a coffer full of funds.

He didn't even want to run the first time and they had to drag him out of retirement.

Bare-ya-cuda

It was his decision. He had the delgates pledged already and a coffer full of funds.

He didn't even want to run the first time and they had to drag him out of retirement.
IMG_1107.jpeg

Bare-ya-cuda

As i explained yesterday they are on the same ticket so the donations go to both of them.

"Because that money was raised for Harris, alongside Biden, the money may be used for her own campaign for the presidency. Other Democratic candidates could not use the money as their own, although the campaign could instead transfer it to the Democratic National Committee.

“The campaign account, though we think about it as Joe Biden’s campaign account, actually belongs to both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris,” Daniel Weiner, a lawyer with the Brennan Center and former FEC counsel, told POLITICO prior to Biden’s dropping out."

IMG_1107.jpeg

SamSpade

You seem surprised by this.

Imagine....Democrats lying.... 🤔
Oh no, not SUPRISED they lied. Surprised that, after being caught redhanded with an extremely blatant lie - that Joe is sharp, mentially astute and all that - the response has been to LIE AGAIN. I know what Mencken said about the American people - “No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” - but - damn.

I just didn't think they'd come BACK with such a stupid ass lie.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh no, not SUPRISED they lied. Surprised that, after being caught redhanded with an extremely blatant lie - that Joe is sharp, mentially astute and all that - the response has been to LIE AGAIN. I know what Mencken said about the American people - “No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” - but - damn.

I just didn't think they'd come BACK with such a stupid ass lie.

Why wouldn't they? They have the power of the press behind them and their so-called opponents won't do anything about it. There's no reason for them *not* to lie.

SamSpade

Where Biden's money goes now

Campaign finance experts disagree on the specifics of what the Biden campaign will be able to do with its money.

I admit, the concept of "Harris is also on 'the ticket' by default releases funds to her" is a bit tentative, since Biden is COMPLETELY able to arrive at the convention - and declare SOMEONE ELSE as his VP. Nowhere on the ballot does it say the voter votes for Biden - AND Harris.

Interestingly enough - two years ago, pundits and TV hosts on the left were actually suggesting JUST THAT - that Biden dump Harris for someone more likely to be able to win again for the Dems in 2028.

StmarysCity79

So, it’s important to remember — Biden was not the actual, official nominee of the Democratic Party yet. He was just the presumptive nominee because he had accumulated enough pledged delegates to get a majority of the total number of delegates. But the convention hadn’t happened. The delegates hadn’t voted. And, so, he hadn’t yet become the nominee. Once President Biden dropped out, the party was free to identify a different nominee. The ultimate bar for becoming the Democratic Party nominee is just having an outright majority of delegates voting for you at the convention in August. Now it appears that Kamala Harris is going to have an outright majority of delegates backing her. If so, under the pre-existing standard Democratic Party rules, she’ll receive the official nomination. Things might have been a lot trickier if Biden had pulled out after becoming the official nominee. But because he pulled out before the convention, things are a lot simpler.

For the current 2024 presidential election, the Biden-Harris Campaign is technically where those donations have been going. That’s a fund that supports the campaign for president and the vice president. If the presidential nominee wasn’t someone already on the ticket, for example Gavin Newsom, it would be more cut-and-dry that Biden-Harris campaign funds could not go directly to him. With a non-Biden/non-Harris nominee, the money would have to stay independent from the new candidate and most likely end up with the Democratic National Committee (DNC) or some other party committee. The entity receiving those funds could still use that money to support the new candidate, it just wouldn’t be able to transfer those funds to the new candidate directly.

SamSpade

Why wouldn't they? They have the power of the press behind them and their so-called opponents won't do anything about it. There's no reason for them *not* to lie.

I guess I thought that the debate blew the doors open so wide - that finally, even the press, even die-hard Biden supporters could plainly see, in full view, what everyone NOT on the left including our foreign allies saw - a bumbling, fumbling, cognitively impaired man as President.

Some were ACTUALLY SURPRISED - some were ridiculously shallow (Clooney essentially saying the senile man he was on the debate was the same one at his fundraiser - but failed to mention it THEN). And some clearly knew - dammit, the jig is up, everyone KNOWS.

So now that EVERYONE KNOWS HIS MIND IS SLIPPING - and repeats almost dalily, hell no, I am not stepping down - he has an epiphany in two hours on Sunday and blurts it out on social media. Because he wants to save democracy (very simple translation - I'm gonna lose).

But of course - why? Why now? Why after campaigning for over a year and securing all of the delegates for nomination - does he leave now? This is throwing in the towel at the count of NINE when your opponent is on the canvas.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Interestingly enough - two years ago, pundits and TV hosts on the left were actually suggesting JUST THAT - that Biden dump Harris for someone more likely to be able to win again for the Dems in 2028.

That's been memory-holed, just like them all calling Kamala the "border czar" and now insisting she was never any such thing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess I thought that the debate blew the doors open so wide - that finally, even the press, even die-hard Biden supporters could plainly see, in full view, what everyone NOT on the left including our foreign allies saw - a bumbling, fumbling, cognitively impaired man as President.

Some were ACTUALLY SURPRISED - some were ridiculously shallow (Clooney essentially saying the senile man he was on the debate was the same one at his fundraiser - but failed to mention it THEN). And some clearly knew - dammit, the jig is up, everyone KNOWS.

So now that EVERYONE KNOWS HIS MIND IS SLIPPING - and repeats almost dalily, hell no, I am not stepping down - he has an epiphany in two hours on Sunday and blurts it out on social media. Because he wants to save democracy (very simple translation - I'm gonna lose).

But of course - why? Why now? Why after campaigning for over a year and securing all of the delegates for nomination - does he leave now? This is throwing in the towel at the count of NINE when your opponent is on the canvas.

You're expecting rational honest behavior and this is Democrats we're talking about, remember? They can program their bots to recite one line, then reprogram them minutes later to refute it, then minutes after that to pivot again. We see them do it almost every single day. It's a basic sociology exercise that works every time.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I am wondering how Brandon can legally donate all $91M from his campaign funds to Kamala when the legal limit for a donation is $3,300 per election?
Trump doesn't think so, and filed an FEC lawsuit to that effect. As of now, FEC agrees with Trump, but that may change.

Clem72

Democrats have never cared about campaign finance laws. They do as they please and maybe occasionally get a strongly worded letter as punishment.
We haven't seen this on a presidential campaign but we have seen it in smaller campaigns before. The funds are probably not personally tied to the candidate, they are tied to the party. I.E. you didn't donate $10 to Brandon for President, you donated $10 to the Democrat fund to promote the Democrat candidate for president. The NAME of that fund might have been "Brandon for President" or anything else really.

stgislander

PREMO Member
We haven't seen this on a presidential campaign but we have seen it in smaller campaigns before. The funds are probably not personally tied to the candidate, they are tied to the party. I.E. you didn't donate $10 to Brandon for President, you donated $10 to the Democrat fund to promote the Democrat candidate for president. The NAME of that fund might have been "Brandon for President" or anything else really.
Yes, but doesn't the candidate, not the party, file the paperwork with the FEC to create the fund?

Clem72

Yes, but doesn't the candidate, not the party, file the paperwork with the FEC to create the fund?
Do they? They don't have to for PACs and other funds supporting candidates why for party campaign funds? Those commercials that end "This endorsement was paid for by Big Mother Truckers for Brandon", I don't think the candidate has to file paperwork for those entities either.