Pretty/Cool Bathroom Paint Schemes

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
Okay, I kind of have an idea in mind of something. Please give me your thoughts. The far wall with the window, I'm thinking of doing a faux brick finish (which would make sense since it's an exterior wall). There's this plaster/stone product that you paint on the wall for texture, then you carve out what you want to do. Random swirls, mortar lines, etc. I can't find a picture of it online, but it's in a paint technique brochure I found. Anyway, I'd paint it on, then 'carve' out the grount lines, and once dry, paint over it. The other walls, either a colorwashing or faux antique plaster texture effect.

Or does that seem like it might be too much 'texture' for a bathroom? Also, as a side note, I'm undecided on whether to replace the entire cabinet in there, or just reface and paint it. So that's up in the air.

Thoughts? :shrug:
Sounds like too much texture to me, especially for such a small room. I like the faux brick idea, but I'd do some research to make sure it'll hold up in such a high moisture area.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Nickel said:
Sounds like too much texture to me, especially for such a small room. I like the faux brick idea, but I'd do some research to make sure it'll hold up in such a high moisture area.

Ahhh, good point! :yay: I hadn't thought about that. :tap:

I went idea shopping this afternoon and came across a counter top that I like. It's called Silestone, and is a quartz product that has the durability and beauty of granite for less cost and maintenance. Here's the color I'm liking, and I'm thinking about taupe ragged walls, a black cabinet, and the white tiles (shower/tub and floor) and trim that I already have. I think it'd look nice.

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
Just had the ceiling in the upstairs bathroom replaced, and decided to overhaul the decor (paint scheme) of the bathroom. I have a few paint chips that I picked up from Lowes, but want to look online for pics as well since I suck at this stuff. Anyone come across any cool color combo's that blew thair skirt up? :shrug:

The bathroom has a window, a wood cabinet that I'll be repainting, a big, wide mirror ... trying to think of things that might be an issue in deciding colors. I just know that I do NOT want plain-jane boring white. :nono:
Here ya go..... :killingme

Attachments

• DSC00593.JPG
    DSC00593.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC00594.JPG
    DSC00594.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00587.JPG
    DSC00587.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00591.JPG
    DSC00591.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 113

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Mikeinsmd said:
But doesn't everybody have that? :confused:
:lmao: My scissors are not in the toothbrush holder, and my beach towels are in the linen closet as they are only used at the beach. :lmao: