Private schools

mzimmpa

Hello!

We are new to Southern Maryland from PA.
Our daughter will be starting Kindergarten this fall.
We are very interested in a private school, but are having a tough time determining (or finding info about) the best private schools south of the beltway.

If anyone has expereince with a great school, can you please let us know ?

If you wish to send private email, please send to mzimmpa@comcast.net.

Thanks so much for your help!

- "clueless in Waldorf"
:confused:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by mzimmpa
Hello!
- "clueless in Waldorf"

Dear clueless in Waldorf,

On Rt. 6, the Lutheran church has a very nice K-8 program, there is ANS in La Plata/Star of the Sea in Indian head (both Catholic schools) they have K-8, Southern Maryland Christian Academy in White Plains has K-12, Good Sheppard church on Smallwood drive has a 1/2 day K program that is it, Grace Brethren is located on Rt. 5 sort of kind of near Hughesville, they have a K-12, Children's Center for Discovery has an all day K program and they are on Smallwood West near Dorchester, but the K5 program will be conducted at the center on Rt. 5 this coming year, I am pretty sure of that.

Now, I know parents that have children in each of these environments and hear they are all pretty good. Your best bet is to travel and visit each of these schools to base your own opinion.

mzimmpa

Thank you so much for the great information.

We have realized traveling to Alexandria every day to one of the very good schools would be very difficult.

We are looking at the Grace Lutheran; being so near PG County we will look there also.

Thanks again!

Mzimmpa
:smile:

RodRugg

All's I can say is don't even consider that school up in Waldorf near the junction. That school is full of ticks! This kid next door goes to that school and he is always coming home covered in ticks. Everyday when he gets home his mom strips him down in the backyard and gets them ticks off with burnt matches. Then she shoots him down with the garden hose. He hates that, especially in the winter, and tries to get away and sometimes his dad has to hold him in a bear hug. That kid never gets to go outside and play because he has open wounds that might get infected. He goes to our church and always smells like rubbing alcohol. This other kid down the street goes to Piccowaxen school and he never has a single tick.

nomoney

Originally posted by RodRugg
All's I can say is don't even consider that school up in Waldorf near the junction. That school is full of ticks! This kid next door goes to that school and he is always coming home covered in ticks. Everyday when he gets home his mom strips him down in the backyard and gets them ticks off with burnt matches. Then she shoots him down with the garden hose. He hates that, especially in the winter, and tries to get away and sometimes his dad has to hold him in a bear hug. That kid never gets to go outside and play because he has open wounds that might get infected. He goes to our church and always smells like rubbing alcohol. This other kid down the street goes to Piccowaxen school and he never has a single tick.

I think I'm slowly falling in love

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hello!

We are new to Southern Maryland from PA.
Our daughter will be starting Kindergarten this fall.
We are very interested in a private school, but are having a tough time determining (or finding info about) the best private schools south of the beltway.

If anyone has expereince with a great school, can you please let us know ?

If you wish to send private email, please send to mzimmpa@comcast.net.

Thanks so much for your help!

- "clueless in Waldorf"

Where from in PA,?? Just moved down here myself last January from Venango County.. (up near Erie) Yin's get your house red'd up yet?

mzimmpa

itsbob:

hale from Lancaster County - Amish country.

found a great house. Still 'on the fence' about the Waldorf area.
Initially sold on the area (obviously, if we moved here we should be). Creeping doubts.

reassurance anyone?

mzimmpa

Christy

b*tch rocket
itsbob:

hale from Lancaster County - Amish country.

found a great house. Still 'on the fence' about the Waldorf area.
Initially sold on the area (obviously, if we moved here we should be). Creeping doubts.

reassurance anyone?

mzimmpa

It depends on what you're looking for. :shrug: Waldorf is a little too "busy" for me. I'm about 20 miles south in Mechanicsville. I've got plenty of space between me and my neighbors.

F

Flo

St. Mary's of Bryantown (Catholic School), Oliver Shop Road (Off Route 5, South), Bryantown, MD

being so near PG County we will look there also.
AVOID P.G. COUNTY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!! You don't want your children exposed to anybody from P.G. county if you can avoid it. You certainly don't want to even CONCIDER any schools on 210 or in the Oxon Hill / Ft. Washington areas. NOT SAFE!!!! I grew up in P.G., in what WAS a nice neighborhood. I don't even stop my car in P.G. anymore, let alone go there on purpose.

duzzey

I heard that the Oxon Hill area was hit hard and is near ghetto status. I used to live there long ago, back when people thought I lived with the cows!