Probably Already Posted About This

DEEKAYPEE8569

but.....am I the only one who finds it funny that there are appliances available (like Insta-Pots) that have illuminated displays that say "OFF"?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Probably not, but why is that funny? Maybe I'm just dumb... 🤷‍♀️
It just struck me as "ha ha funny" one day. I look at this appliance and see an illuminated "OFF" on the display. If the appliance is "off" per se, WHY is there a display that draws power to.....display. Following that thought process, the appliance is not completely "off." Yeah.....too much thought into this, but I'm okay with it.

HemiHauler

It just struck me as "ha ha funny" one day. I look at this appliance and see an illuminated "OFF" on the display. If the appliance is "off" per se, WHY is there a display that draws power to.....display. Following that thought process, the appliance is not completely "off." Yeah.....too much thought into this, but I'm okay with it.

Because it differentiates between plugged in but powered down vs. forgetting to plug it in and wondering WTF is going on with this device/appliance.

SamSpade

Actually what REALLY drives me crazy is an appliance that doesn't let you know it is ON. A typical example is one of the routers in my house. No lights or indicators.