Problems with new St. Mary's Digital Comm System

Caution

When I was still in that industry, there were some public agencies that ended up having to change systems again because they were so fed up.

I am sure they will have it squared away in time. Trouble is, it looks like the project is going to take several years.

I just got finished scanning down through this page.:
St. Mary's County Government

Looks to me like it was just plain idiotic for the county to have completely switched to this system before the whole system was installed and operational with the majority of the bugs worked out.

The old system worked, was in place and likely could have remained in place until the new system was squared away.

But some bunch of desk jockies forgot the our Emergency Responders need reliable communications now. Not some half finished system not ready for use.

Editing to add main page.
St. Mary's County Government

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

The old system worked, was in place and likely could have remained in place until the new system was squared away.

But some bunch of desk jockies forgot the our Emergency Responders need reliable communications now. Not some half finished system not ready for use.

Thats what Charles County did they worked all the kink's out before going online with the new system they put inservice in 2011 or 2012. Seemed like maybe 6 months before they were ready.