Professional Horse Trainers.

SugarNSpikes

So, with Christmas coming up, my mom has been asking me what I want. I couldn't really think of the perfect gift, and then I was watching the Congress videos on youtube and got inspired. I want to send my guy for 90 days of professional training with a good, well known western pleasure trainer. My mom agreed and she really liked the idea.
So now, I'm looking for one on the east coast, somewhere preferably in MD, Virginia, Delaware or Pennsylvania.

Does anyone know of any good trainers? If so, can you copy prices and/or webpages? I guess the price will be on a case by case basis. =o

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
So, with Christmas coming up, my mom has been asking me what I want. I couldn't really think of the perfect gift, and then I was watching the Congress videos on youtube and got inspired. I want to send my guy for 90 days of professional training with a good, well known western pleasure trainer. My mom agreed and she really liked the idea.
So now, I'm looking for one on the east coast, somewhere preferably in MD, Virginia, Delaware or Pennsylvania.

Does anyone know of any good trainers? If so, can you copy prices and/or webpages? I guess the price will be on a case by case basis. =o

Mary Alice Good in La plata... LOVE HER. She really helps you out and she request you come up once a week while horse is in training so you can learn what she's traching the horse.PM for her number.
Ed Weber Quarterhorses in Penn.. Welcome to Ed Weber Quarter Horses I've never trained with them but I'm currently looking at a horse they have for sale there

C

campinmutt

there are alot around..you should go visit and see how they ride there horses in training....Ray Carmean in PA, Jerry Burchinal in freeland MD(timberbrookfarm.com)steve meadows and donna crossman in VA....good luck!!

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
there are alot around..you should go visit and see how they ride there horses in training....Ray Carmean in PA, Jerry Burchinal in freeland MD(timberbrookfarm.com)steve meadows and donna crossman in VA....good luck!!

:yeahthat: I trailer up to timberbrook (2.5 hours) and take lessons up there. I also get their show schedule and they provide very reasonable show support. I had wanted to go with Mary Alice as she is closer, but I never heard back from her after a few phone calls...Jerry is a trainer that I have found to be reachable by phone, and communication is HUGE for me! JMO:howdy:

erinjograves

Mary Alice is awesome. Jerry Burchinal is awesome. I talk to Donna Crossman alot, I can ask her if she is taking any more in at the moment. I know Cam is riding alot of the horses up there now. I have my mare up there with Donna. I have heard great things about Ray C. Marty Dixon is good too! Havent heard of Ed Weber. Sam Allen is more english, I dont think she trains western at all???!

C

campinmutt

just go and see them ride their training horses and see how "rough" they are and their techniques

SugarNSpikes

Thanks guys.

I wanted names and stuff because I wanted to know who you all would recommend. *wink* And, Ed Weber is only doing HUS. Sam Allen does english-ey stuff. I'll check out some of the other names.

And yes, thanks for the advice - I will definitely see how they handle their horses before I make a commitment and send him off anywhere. Communication is a big thing for me and I would want to know how he's doing like once or twice a week. And he does need gentle handling - he's what I would call a more emotional horse. Like, he's smart.. and if someone is rough with him, he'll be very unpleasant to work with, but if you ask politely he'll give you the world, so I would need someone who can kind of get in his head and understand him...if that's the appropriate phrase to use. =O
My weird baby. <3

=)

BlissfulJumper

Thanks guys.

I wanted names and stuff because I wanted to know who you all would recommend. *wink* And, Ed Weber is only doing HUS. Sam Allen does english-ey stuff. I'll check out some of the other names.

And yes, thanks for the advice - I will definitely see how they handle their horses before I make a commitment and send him off anywhere. Communication is a big thing for me and I would want to know how he's doing like once or twice a week. And he does need gentle handling - he's what I would call a more emotional horse. Like, he's smart.. and if someone is rough with him, he'll be very unpleasant to work with, but if you ask politely he'll give you the world, so I would need someone who can kind of get in his head and understand him...if that's the appropriate phrase to use. =O
My weird baby. <3

=)

MAG is very good with handling all kinds of situations. Her daughter also trains and her youngest daughter is a great rider. I would get in contact with MAG as soon as possible. I know she was filling up because I talked to her about training before and she told me she might not have any openings cause everyone is sending their horses away for the off season. Good luck to you! :howdy:

MDLawGirl

Jerry Burchinal at Timberbrook in Freeland is very good.

My daughter's mare is out of one of his stallions, and when we got her she had a great foundation. She has been back up there once since we have owned her and he tuned her up nicely.

Jerry's a class act.

getacluezip

Can anyone provide contact information for MAG or Donna Crossman? I'm looking for the same? Someone fairly local. Have a nice Vested Pine 3 yr old gelding I need help finishing but want someone good.

Thanks!

BlissfulJumper

Can anyone provide contact information for MAG or Donna Crossman? I'm looking for the same? Someone fairly local. Have a nice Vested Pine 3 yr old gelding I need help finishing but want someone good.

Thanks!

Mary Alice Good is the owner of the barn her number is: 1-301-934-8309
Christy Thompson is her daughter and usual trainer for horses in training. She also handles the show team and stuff. Her number is 301-653-9808.

My horse is currently in training there and she is doing great! I'm going to keep her up there another month I'm so pleased. Both also teach lessons and are great instructors! Lessons are $45 or $50 I think and training is $750.

If they ask who gave you the number tell them Kassie Blazer did