Proper school attire

How should Public school kids dress?

• School uniforms! This is the best answer!

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • No uniforms but standards need to be defined and enforced

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Let 'em wear anything! They are just expressing themselves!

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I think anyone who answered #3 should give up their kids

Votes: 18 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

greyhound

vanbells said:
That's odd. I swear I voted for "No uniforms but standards need to be defined and enforced" and "I think anyone who answered #3 should give up their kids."

Yep...that's what Mike said. How did you vote twice?

P

PelyKat

Back in the Day...

As one of those who couldn't wear pants to school, T-shirts with any group logo, and had our skirt's measured for length...I agree that uniforms optional schools are the easiest.

My kids went to one school (only for 2 years luckily) that was very strict on the uniform, and was always giving demerits if your socks were wrong, or if you didn't have the right belt, etc. That was just tooooo much!.

But a reasonable, well defined dress code, that makes school a safe place to learn, has been proven to be the best choice. And the Uniform Optional Schools are among the best of these.

garyt27

INAFJ
huh?

Tina2001aniT said:
My kiddo goes to a uniform optional pubblic school, and I love it. Monday's and Wednesday's are "uniform days" they encourage the kids to wear "uniforms" these days. There uniforms are pretty lax, the color options are Khaki or navy blue for the pants/skirts/jumpers and white, navy blue or teal for the tops. There is no catalog to order from or anything, just anything in these colors works. My daughter LOVES to wear uniforms, she looks forward to "uniform days", I keep waiting for her to grow out of it, but she is in 3rd grade and she still loves it! Friday's at her school are also "school pride" days, in which the kids wear either a uniform or a school t-shirt, etc.

This works well for us, as Monday, Wednesday and Friday the kiddo is basically in a uniform, without the normal distraction of clothes issues and still gets to express her individuality on tuesday and thursdays..
I think maybe that school should look up the definition of UNI FORM. :smack:

J

juggy4805

School is a huge learning experience. Why not let kids choose the clothes they wann wear to a certain extent. You shelter them now and you pay in the future. They will get 10 earings and sport a lime colored mohawk when they turn 18. Allow a little expression so they can start to find out who they are. Just a little.

My son and his friend wanted me to take them to Hooter's for lunch Saturday while we were in Waldorf. When I declined, they said, "That's okay. There are plenty of hooters hanging out at school for us to see." :ohwell:

Tina2001aniT

garyt27 said:
I think maybe that school should look up the definition of UNI FORM. :smack:

You smacking me??

It is a public school for christ sakes.....
It works for us, and YES it does look uniform with all the kids in khaki's and white collared shirts, much better than the kids running around with half shirts and bootie shorts....

CMC122

Go Braves!
kwillia said:
My son and his friend wanted me to take them to Hooter's for lunch Saturday while we were in Waldorf. When I declined, they said, "That's okay. There are plenty of hooters hanging out at school for us to see." :ohwell:
:huggy:

garyt27

INAFJ
Smack talk

Tina2001aniT said:
You smacking me??

It is a public school for christ sakes.....
It works for us, and YES it does look uniform with all the kids in khaki's and white collared shirts, much better than the kids running around with half shirts and bootie shorts....
Thanks for the karma. I was talking about how many different ways and colors you could wear. that does not make it uniform.