Protesters at PAX gate

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My boss tells me it's the JSF maintenance team. Contract is up for renewal.

You'd think they'd be skilled workers with somewhat unique skills that could negotiate their own benefits and pay without the aid of a Union sucking up part of their paychecks..

I thought Unions were for the unskilled and under educated that couldn't market themselves, and paid someone smarter and better looking do it for them..

C

czygvtwkr

It would be easier to be sympathetic if they weren't being douche bags this morning, making sailors, government employees, and contractors for other companies late for work.

CrashTest

It would be easier to be sympathetic if they weren't being douche bags this morning, making sailors, government employees, and contractors for other companies late for work.

Unions are Fascists (do it our way or we'll make things hard on you)

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
We are in the same union, but a different company. Other than pay increase they havent done crap. IF anything our health insurance premiums have more than doubled, the rules regarding personal time has gotten ridiculous, and it is impossible for the company to fire worthless idiotic employees. The union was voted in 2 weeks prior to me getting hired, so I cannot say that I voted for them. I do know one of the big campaigner for the union when I first started is probably the most worthless lazy humans I have ever worked with so your comment does seam relevant.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We are in the same union, but a different company. Other than increase they havent done crap. IF anything our health insurance premiums have more than doubled, the rules regarding personal time has gotten ridiculous, and it is impossible for the company to fire worthless idiotic employees. The union was voted in 2 weeks prior to me getting hired, so I cannot say that I voted for them. I do know one of the big campaigner for the union when I first started is probably the most worthless lazy humans I have ever worked with so your comment does seam relevant.

They've done something..

Made the Union Bosses RICHER!!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My grandfather was an organizer for the Teamsters from the late 30's to the early 60's. I'll give kudos for the Local as they worked for him, too, and got him a 30 year pension.

My dad was a union man, shop steward, too.

Both if them counseled me against the unions as I was gaining my manhood. Both were disappointed at the way that the Bosses got rich, like the Owners got rich.

C

czygvtwkr

My dad was a union president and a representative for the international of AFGWU, he was quite upset after their union had to merge with the Steel Workers and they seemed more interested in who you was going to vote for than anything else.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think we should join their picket line with signs like..

"I have a JOB and I'm PISSED!!"

"#######s HIRED me!!"

"MY 5 hours of work in an 8 hour day is UN-ACCEPTABLE!!"

"My ATV's, Boat, New house, and BMW are NOT enough!!"

Or at least talk to them to find out if they are actual employees, or people the Union hired to walk the picket for them.. I mean, can't expect primadonna's like them to actully BE outside and protest can we?

Well, from what I've heard, many in the union crossed the line and they have enough qualified mechs to continue with critical program and flights.

I think this is not going to go well for the strikers.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Well, from what I've heard, many in the union crossed the line and they have enough qualified mechs to continue with critical program and flights.

I think this is not going to go well for the strikers.

Not looking pretty for the strikers.

They will not be there Monday.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Strange... the guard at Gate 1 asked me this morning of I worked for Lockheed... Ummm, no. He then sent me on my way...

Strange... the guard at Gate 1 asked me this morning of I worked for Lockheed... Ummm, no. He then sent me on my way...

Same here. Is the Navy enforcing the strike or something? Taking orders from the Union to force employees to use gate 3?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Same here. Is the Navy enforcing the strike or something? Taking orders from the Union to force employees to use gate 3?

Or does the brass fear those union members who enter the gate will get into some mischief on base?

BigSlam123b

Only happy When It Rains

They asked me yesterday and again today. I guess I look shifty, as noone else in our office had been asked.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
All LM personnel must enter through gate 3 or lose their base privileges. So I' hear.