Proverb Rocks

seekeroftruth

I paint rocks.... these are just some river rocks I picked up... I use acrylic paint.... paint a picture on one side and a Proverb [or other Bible verse] on the other. Then they are sealed and I either give them to someone special or leave them around parks

It occurred to me... when the latest shooting happened at a Church prayer meeting.... that if the people in that classroom had a proverb rock... it might have been a weapon like David had... when he faced the wolves and lions he faced while tending sheep.

It's not expensive to do.... Walmart carries acrylic paint.... the cost of paint is rising .... most of it is from China these days.... and kids can't paint in their Sunday Best.... I was thinking that this might be a project for the ladies groups....

I am also hoping that some of my Proverb rocks will make it into the school classroom as a deterrent against a shooter. Lock the door and grab a rock.

I find a lot of people chuckle when they read Proverbs 22:24 "Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, " on a rock.

☕