Proverbs 14:12

D

Deal_With_It

It is common knowledge that if you do not believe in "true" christianity and more importantly agree with "key" individuals on this forum by sharing their views.....
you have no buisness being here.

Dondi

Dondi
Deal_With_It said:
It is common knowledge that if you do not believe in "true" christianity and more importantly agree with "key" individuals on this forum by sharing their views.....
you have no buisness being here.

:bs: Or suppose it is because of the demographics here. I don't see St. Mary's Co having a particularly large Muslim or Jewish population. But it does appear to have a large faction of Christians here, particularly Catholics. So naturally, this forum is going to lean toward discussion involving Christian thought.

Actually, according to the following data, there is a overwhelming majority of persons who do not even claim a religious affliliation. Where are these people?

http://www.thearda.com/mapsReports/reports/counties/24037_2000.asp

Midnightrider

Dondi said:
:bs: Or suppose it is because of the demographics here. I don't see St. Mary's Co having a particularly large Muslim or Jewish population. But it does appear to have a large faction of Christians here, particularly Catholics. So naturally, this forum is going to lean toward discussion involving Christian thought.

Actually, according to the following data, there is a overwhelming majority of persons who do not even claim a religious affliliation. Where are these people?

they are here, they have just been chased away from this forum by those mentioned earlier. Besides, to those who aren't religious, what you guys make of different scripture doesn't mean anything, so why would they participate.

In fact, i hardly ever see nonreligious people posting in here unless the topic is a social issue that religious types want to reflect their religion ideals(prayer in school and abortion etc.)

D

Deal_With_It

Dondi said:

here is your proof (red of course)
Proverbs 14:12 01-17-2007 11:42 AM deal with it

brendar buhl

Doesn't seem Christian
Midnightrider said:
...Besides, to those who aren't religious, what you guys make of different scripture doesn't mean anything, so why would they participate...

That was my point earlier. It is the same for those who practice different religions than mine. I can read the Quran and pull a bunch of stuff out of it that makes no sense at all. But to someone who was raised Muslim the text is constructed and viewed through the lens of a culture of Islam and therefore it has meaning to them.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
forestal said:

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
These are prophesies that were fulfilled, not instructions. Context is everything.