you who are foolish, set your hearts on it.[a]
6 Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say;
I open my lips to speak what is right.
7 My mouth speaks what is true,
for my lips detest wickedness.
8 All the words of my mouth are just;
none of them is crooked or perverse.
9 To the discerning all of them are right;
they are upright to those who have found knowledge.
10 Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,
11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.​

This is from bible-studys.org.

Have you ever noticed how the little old grandmothers with very little formal education can read and understand the Bible better than some college graduates? I believe it has to do with their desire to learn of God and their willingness to receive their wisdom from Him. I know a man who cannot read, but God has called him to the ministry and has filled him with the wisdom to fulfill the job.

The purpose is to impart discernment to the naive and the ignorant. The root of simple is a word meaning “an open door”, and apt description of the undiscerning, who do not know what to keep in or out of their minds.

This is all meant to make one ponder before sinning, thus to make a responsible choice.

This is from the easy English site.

This is the second of Solomon’s three great poems. Wisdom, like a woman, gives a speech to all the people.

In verse 1, there are not two women. Wisdom is one woman, but she has two names. Her names are Wisdom and Intelligence. This is because wisdom is the same thing as intelligence. Right decisions and accurate knowledge are also the same thing as wisdom.

All these things will be ours when we trust in God. They do not come immediately. We need to learn to be wise. This is a slow process. Each day, we should learn new lessons. God teaches us in different ways. Sometimes he teaches us from the Bible. Sometimes he uses other people to teach us. Sometimes he uses nature or other methods to teach us.

If we are teachers, then we must be patient. It takes many years to learn law or medicine. In the same way, many people are slow to learn wisdom. Even for true Christians, some lessons can take years to learn.

A church leader is a type of teacher. He teaches the people that he serves. Often, he must repeat the same lessons several times. The teacher must try to be a model for his people. He cares for them. He tries to advise them about the Bible. He prays for them. The teacher himself also needs to learn more. He knows that he is not perfect.

Solomon uses special meanings for the words ‘simple’ and ‘foolish’.

The ‘fool’ is proud and lazy. He does not want to serve God. He hates wisdom. He prefers to do evil things. If you try to teach a fool, he will hate you. He will only learn if God changes him.

The ‘simple’ person does not know what is right or wrong. He has not learned to be wise. He chooses to do evil things, because ‘everybody does it’. But you can teach a simple person. A simple person can learn to be wise.

So I can now say that anyone who doesn't try to learn... who thinks they know it all... in spite of what the teachers, leaders, and scientists say.... is a fool.

So I can now say that anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to learn is just simple.

I know some fools.... and I know some simple people.

:coffee: