Ps3?

dolemite

Does it play the ps1 and ps2 games? Also will i need to buy a memory card or does it store on the system?[/QUOT

I am pretty sure it should. I have ps2 and it plays ps1. You could get memory cards for Walmart,Target, Gamestop. Just about anywhere that sells electronics.

KeithS

Does it play the ps1 and ps2 games? Also will i need to buy a memory card or does it store on the system?

The 60 GB and the 20 GB will play most PS1 games and most PS2 games

The 80 GB will play most PS1 games, and not quite as many PS2 games as above

The 40 GB will play most PS1 games, but NO PS2 games

Memory cards are not needed, if you do have them and wish to use them, you need some sort of accessory to read/use them.

I'd recommend the 60 GB model if you can find one, they should be $499, they emulate the PS2 with hardware (basically a PS2 is inside) while the 80 GB uses software emulation, which is why there is less compatibility.

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
The 60 GB and the 20 GB will play most PS1 games and most PS2 games

The 80 GB will play most PS1 games, and not quite as many PS2 games as above

The 40 GB will play most PS1 games, but NO PS2 games

Memory cards are not needed, if you do have them and wish to use them, you need some sort of accessory to read/use them.

I'd recommend the 60 GB model if you can find one, they should be $499, they emulate the PS2 with hardware (basically a PS2 is inside) while the 80 GB uses software emulation, which is why there is less compatibility.

Best Buy has the 60GB for $499.

My friend has the 40GB and it does play PS2 games.

Our 80GB plays all of our PS2 games.

Last edited:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Most PS 2 games I tried look like total crap on my 60 gig. Could be that I am hooked up with an HDMI cable.