I will place on your throne.
12 If your sons keep my covenant
and the statutes I teach them,
then their sons will sit
on your throne for ever and ever.”
13 For the Lord has chosen Zion,
he has desired it for his dwelling, saying,
14 “This is my resting place for ever and ever;
here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it.
15 I will bless her with abundant provisions;
her poor I will satisfy with food.
16 I will clothe her priests with salvation,
and her faithful people will ever sing for joy.
17 “Here I will make a horn[b] grow for David
and set up a lamp for my anointed one.
18 I will clothe his enemies with shame,
but his head will be adorned with a radiant crown.”

a. Psalm 132:6 Or heard of it in Ephrathah, / we found it in the fields of Jearim. (See 1 Chron. 13:5,6) (And no quotation marks around verses 7-9)
b. Psalm 132:17 Horn here symbolizes strong one, that is, king

This is from the easy English site.

We do not know who wrote this psalm. Maybe it was Solomon when he built God’s house (called the temple) in Jerusalem. Or maybe Ezra or Nehemiah wrote it when they built the temple again about 450 years later. Perhaps someone whose name we do not know wrote it! The notes on Psalm 120 in this set of psalms explain "song for climbing".​
Verses 1-5: These verses tell us that David wanted to bring the ark of God into Jerusalem. The ark was a special box that was very important to the Jews. After a war with the Philistines, who lived near the Jews, they left the ark in a place called "Kiriath-Jearim". David had a lot of trouble when he brought it into Jerusalem. He also wanted to build a house to put it in. But God would not let him. "The Mighty One of Jacob" is another name for God. "LORD" is a special name for God that his people use. It is his covenant name. A covenant is when people agree to do something. God agrees to give his people help; his people agree to love and obey him.
Verses 6 - 10: tell us that the Jews found "it" (the ark) in the country round Kiriath-Jearim (or Jaar). It was in a place called Ephratah. The ark was a special box that Moses made from wood. After they brought the ark into Jerusalem, they said the words in verses 7-10. "The place where you can rest" is the house of God. "Rest" means "not work" and "priests and saints" are servants of God. Christians believe that the Messiah is Jesus. But here it means the King of Israel. "Worship God" means "tell God that you love him".
Verses 11 - 18: tell us about God’s promises. Many Christians believe that they happened when Jesus came to the earth. "Messiah" is the *Hebrew word for "Christ". The Jews spoke the Hebrew language and wrote the psalms in Hebrew. "Messiah" means "anointed", or "oil poured on". Look at the notes on Psalm 133 in this set of psalms. In verse 11, "the fruit of your body" means "your children". The throne" in verse 12 is a special chair that a king sits on. His "crown" in verse 18 is the "special hat that he wears". The light of the messiah will never go out because Jesus will always be the Light of the World.​
I read a lot of commentary this morning. I'm just an old woman with an online Bible and some online commentary. I started this Bible study at Genesis 1:1 because I wanted to understand the people in the Middle East. I really don't know what I'm talking about... never been to seminary.... but I've learned a little going through all these books. I don't think this is about Jesus. I think this is about David and the Temple construction project.

David loved God. Not even his controversial affair with Bathsheba could get in the way of that statement. David loved God so much that he took on Goliath. David loved God so much he refused to kill Saul [because God anointed Saul king.... a pretty boy from a good family was the king Israel thought they wanted]. Back in David's day.... Saul was anointed [so Saul was a Messiah].... and David was anointed [so David was a Messiah]. Jesus hadn't come to earth yet.
God promised that David's family would keep the throne. David loved God and wanted to build at Temple. God didn't want David to build the Temple because of the affair with Bathsheba. David got everything together.... but Solomon built it.....

I think this poem was indeed written by Solomon..... God told David that one of his kids would build the Temple. Solomon built it.... then years and years later it had to be rebuilt.... because people like Solomon worshiped other gods.

☕