Psalm 149 Faithful People

seekeroftruth

Psalm 149:1 Praise the Lord.[a]
Sing to the Lord a new song,
his praise in the assembly of his faithful people.
2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
let the people of Zion be glad in their King.
3 Let them praise his name with dancing
and make music to him with timbrel and harp.
4 For the Lord takes delight in his people;
he crowns the humble with victory.
5 Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor
and sing for joy on their beds.
6 May the praise of God be in their mouths
and a double-edged sword in their hands,
7 to inflict vengeance on the nations
and punishment on the peoples,
8 to bind their kings with fetters,
their nobles with shackles of iron,
9 to carry out the sentence written against them—
this is the glory of all his faithful people.
Praise the Lord.

a. Psalm 149:1 Hebrew Hallelu Yah; also in verse 9

This is from bible-studys.org.

Psalm 149: The unique aspect of praise highlighted in this psalm is that praise is related to the kingdom of the Lord. Though the psalm begins with the normal call to praise (verses 1-3), the cause for praise (verses 4-9), is quite unexpected: it is because the Lord intends to establish His kingdom on the earth. This kingdom involves both the glorification of the righteous (verses 4-6), and the judgment of the wicked (verses 7-9). This aspect of judgment is apparently to be carried out by the righteous (verses 6-9). This passage should be taken in a prophetic sense to refer to the time when God will in fact establish His kingdom on the earth with His glorified saints right behind Him (Rev. 19:11-21). Even in this age of grace, believers are instructed to pray “Thy kingdom come” (Matt. 6:10), a petition that includes not only the glorification of the righteous but the destruction of the wicked.
Verses 1-9 (see note on Psalm 146:1-10). The composer and occasion for this psalm are unknown.​
I. Israel’s Praise for God (149:1-5);​
II. Israel’s Punishment of the Nations (149:6-9).​
Is it wrong for me to wish this on certain people? Is it wrong for me to look forward to end times when some certain people learn that leaving the poor and homeless behind, sacrificing our children to a god that has to be heated to glowing by human efforts, and caging humans for profit is wrong. I'm going off course here..... but the Babylonians left the poorest behind when they force-marched the people of Jerusalem to Babylon. They would have "cost more" to feed them than they were worth..... doesn't that "cost more" equate to "costing shiny duckets". Is a coin worth more than a human? I'm going off course here but were those babies who were sacrificed on the lap of that fake god, Molech, crying too loud or were they in the way or were they inconvenient?

Praise God.... as long as I can honestly Praise God.... then I have everything I need! As long as I have God.... I have someone to place my faith in so I can sleep at night..... and at my age... that is a humongous big deal! Peace!

☕

For those of you who heard about my daughter.... the biopsy is back.... fibroid.... nothing to worry about.... thank God!

I danced when I got the news.....