Punxsutawney Phil

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Just heard on the radio some woman is running around in a bikini :yay:
and it's 18 degrees there.:yikes:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Statistically, what is the reliability of Phil's "prediction". How often is he correct?

S

Shutterbug

The town of Punxsutawny is hilarious! Everything is "groundhog" this and "punxy phil" that. You can even see Phil the groundhog in a "zoo" all throughout the year. I aways laugh when we go there. :lmao:

SamSpade

Shutterbug said:
The town of Punxsutawny is hilarious! Everything is "groundhog" this and "punxy phil" that. You can even see Phil the groundhog in a "zoo" all throughout the year. I aways laugh when we go there. :lmao:
How right you are! I went about three years ago. There's a Groundhog Plaza shopping center and stuff all over town with drawings and references to groundhogs. Other than that, Punxsutawney is otherwise a tiny little town with nothing nearby. I was so disappointed that the town in the movie is nothing like the real thing. I was told by a local that during Groundhog Day, the town population *triples*. Kinda like Tiki Bar Opening Day.

S

Shutterbug

SamSpade said:
How right you are! I went about three years ago. There's a Groundhog Plaza shopping center and stuff all over town with drawings and references to groundhogs. Other than that, Punxsutawney is otherwise a tiny little town with nothing nearby. I was so disappointed that the town in the movie is nothing like the real thing. I was told by a local that during Groundhog Day, the town population *triples*. Kinda like Tiki Bar Opening Day.
What is also disappointing is that the movie wasn't even filmed there. The town looks nothing like the movie. :ohwell: