Pure Hyaluronic Acid

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Hyaluronic Acid - one of the most powerful hydrating and moisturizing ingredients on the market today. Holds up to 1000 times its weight in water! And as always, we use a higher concentration of HA than any other seller. This serum contains 1% HA, or about 2x the amount of HA contained in others 60% concoctions.

I've never used it before but it was suggested to me for my extremely dry skin... so I ordered it and got it today. The directions say to apply to face and combine with a moisturizer. I was thinking you would apply it, rinse and moisturize but I guess not?

I'm scared. :ohwell:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Patience isn't my virtue... I'm diving in.

If you hear a 911 call on the scanner for a woman who is reporting her face fell off... that would be me.

MMM_donuts

:popcorn:

How's your face?

And how does your skin feel? I, too, have dry skin and am interested in hyaluronic acid.

I hope it works!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It goes on like a toner product and afterwards I put moisturizer on (a intense repair night cream). I think it really helped. I will know more after a few days.

They really should take the word "Acid" off the product IMO - call in Hyaluronic treatment or something that doesn't sound so scary. The product is meant to help your moisturizer work better.

Amazon had the stuff for $9.99 marked down from $19.99.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
It goes on like a toner product and afterwards I put moisturizer on (a intense repair night cream). I think it really helped. I will know more after a few days.

They really should take the word "Acid" off the product IMO - call in Hyaluronic treatment or something that doesn't sound so scary. The product is meant to help your moisturizer work better.

Amazon had the stuff for $9.99 marked down from $19.99.

Agree the name is very intimidating. Sounds like something you would kill a wart with, not moisturize.

:coffee:

MarieB

Is it a powder? I got a powder in some kit from I think Sephora that you mixed with the moisturizer. For some reason I didn't like it, but I don't remember why. It's been awhile

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Is it a powder? I got a powder in some kit from I think Sephora that you mixed with the moisturizer. For some reason I didn't like it, but I don't remember why. It's been awhile

No it is a liquid - just like a toner product.

PJay

Patience isn't my virtue... I'm diving in.

If you hear a 911 call on the scanner for a woman who is reporting her face fell off... that would be me.

Just think you may get a role on The Walking Dead.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Don't know about your acid, but I had some once and my skin turned into snake skin. It got better though.

:lol:

I thought *I* had terribly dry skin but as I was leaving the office this afternoon, I saw one of the guys that works in my building go by. His nose & cheeks were bloody raw. :ohwell: I think if I hadn't caked everything I could on my face for moisture, I would have been in just as bad of shape.

It looked like somebody poured scolding hot water on his face.

Attachments

• die winter die.jpg
    die winter die.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 95

Dakota

~~~~~~~
:popcorn:

How's your face?

And how does your skin feel? I, too, have dry skin and am interested in hyaluronic acid.

I hope it works!

People at my office complimented that my face looked like it healed quit a bit overnight. Perhaps by Monday it will be completely healed. People who don't suffer from dry skin will never understand how truly painful it can be. I was in horrible shape Monday and Tuesday from it. :ohwell: I've apply this with lotion 3 times already..... last night, this morning and about an hour ago. The Hyaluronic stuff is helping the lotion absorb better.

I was on Accutane 9-10 years ago which I contribute to the excessive dryness I am experiencing now.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Balancing Softener Facial Astringents - is another product I am using during the day. I really like that this softens the skin without feeling heavy or greasy. You can apply make-up over it as well.

They sell it at Macy's but it is pricey. I found it on amazon also. :cheers:

MMM_donuts

I've been reading on the skincare subreddit (Reddit) about the benefits of coconut oil, mineral oil, and even vaseline on skin to keep the moisture in. I've not had the same results as the people on that forum AT ALL. In fact, the vaseline broke my skin out really bad like a teenager and it took nearly two weeks to get it to start calming back down.

Right now I'm using a Vichy cream that has some hyaluronic acid in it but it's like the 8th ingredient down on the list so it can't be too prevalent, I don't think. It feels really nice on my skin - nicer than other products - but I'm not totally sold on that particular product just yet. My skin is still flaky dry by the end of the work day. And THAT makes finding a decent foundation pretty difficult because it all just settles in the dry skin or dries it out even more.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I remember a thread about some newer products vs. old stand bys in here. That sometimes the older products work just fine when newer ones just won't do.

Puts to mind, have you ladies ever stepped back and tried the old classic Ponds Cold Cream? They have added a few new products to their line (have to keep up) and it is an old familiar trusted brand. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.

Just a thought.

:coffee: