Quadruple Shooting in Seat Pleasant

bcp

In My Opinion
:shocking: Figure the odds!!!! :lmao:
Im just saying that sometimes, it is possible to make an assumption based on limited information, and have that information be correct.
Suggesting that those involved in this incident where black is more of an assumption based on location than it is one based on racist attitude.

If the same exact story would have come out but instead of Capital Heights it was Davidsonville, I would have expected it to be white people involved.

W

WildCherry

Im just saying that sometimes, it is possible to make an assumption based on limited information, and have that information be correct.
Suggesting that those involved in this incident where black is more of an assumption based on location than it is one based on racist attitude.

If the same exact story would have come out but instead of Capital Heights it was Davidsonville, I would have expected it to be white people involved.

Precisely!

C

CalvertNewbie

A D.C. firefighter shot his former fiancee, also a D.C. firefighter, and her parents in their Prince George's County home yesterday and then killed himself, law enforcement sources said.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

I hope the three victims survive this. As for the gunman, if someone had to die I'm glad it was him.

And I could give a rats azz less if this idiot is white, black, hispanic, etc. He's still a pos, no matter what color his skin is.

The Oyster Guy

Gee, this thread sure got quiet in a hurry... What happened to all the jokes about "brothas getting capped" and all those other comments with the not-so-subtle undertones?

Did you decide to shut-up because you learned the victims are Public Safety personel - and therefore exempt from your racism; or is it because, while you're still racist, you're just afraid that wisecracking on dead firemen would make you look like an azzhole? I'll bet it's the latter...

bcp

In My Opinion
Gee, this thread sure got quiet in a hurry... What happened to all the jokes about "brothas getting capped" and all those other comments with the not-so-subtle undertones?

Did you decide to shut-up because you learned the victims are Public Safety personel - and therefore exempt from your racism; or is it because, while you're still racist, you're just afraid that wisecracking on dead firemen would make you look like an azzhole? I'll bet it's the latter...
what was racist?
how about you explain to us where your feelings were hurt

The Oyster Guy

what was racist?
how about you explain to us where your feelings were hurt

Let's see... For example... the 1st reply to the OP was racist. Now he didn't use the N-word or anything quite as blatant, but his message was very clear.

Now how about you tell me something: why aren't YOU offended when idiots wisecrack on the selfless men and women who defend your life and property?

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Hellooooo... are you really that dense?

Nope, you are! Police and Fire Dept. are NOT responsible for defending my personal life or property! They are there to protect the GENERAL PUBLIC!
Do some research, then tell me I'm wrong.

Ain't nobody defending schit at my house but me!
:evil:

Last edited:

The Oyster Guy

Nope, you are! Police and Fire Dept. are NOT responsible for defending my personal life or property! They are there to protect the GENERAL PUBLIC!
Do some research, then tell me I'm wrong.

Ain't nobody defending schit at my house but me!
:evil:

Fine, when your house catches fire, start pissing...
As for me, I'm calling the fire department.

(....Looks like I shoulda used the word "idiotic" instead of "dense")

bcp

In My Opinion
Let's see... For example... the 1st reply to the OP was racist. Now he didn't use the N-word or anything quite as blatant, but his message was very clear.

Now how about you tell me something: why aren't YOU offended when idiots wisecrack on the selfless men and women who defend your life and property?
just trying to figure out a couple things here. dont take it wrong,.'

what about the first reply was racist? I assume you are talking about the who cares? nothing racist about that since race was not mentioned in the news, or on this thread yet. Race was first mentioned as an assumption based on location.

next, the first post mentioned nothing about any of the victims, or the shooters profession.
next as far as defending our/my life and property, when all came out, did you notice this guy was fired from his position and told not to interact with the public anymore. I would guess that he would not be the one that you would want coming to your home in the case of an emergency.

so in short, what was racist specifically, and who wisecracked on the professionals that try to assist in emergency situations?

The Oyster Guy

just trying to figure out a couple things here. dont take it wrong,.'

what about the first reply was racist? I assume you are talking about the who cares? nothing racist about that since race was not mentioned in the news, or on this thread yet. Race was first mentioned as an assumption based on location.

next, the first post mentioned nothing about any of the victims, or the shooters profession.
next as far as defending our/my life and property, when all came out, did you notice this guy was fired from his position and told not to interact with the public anymore. I would guess that he would not be the one that you would want coming to your home in the case of an emergency.

so in short, what was racist specifically, and who wisecracked on the professionals that try to assist in emergency situations?

You really need to go back and re-read my post #25, because you seem to be the only one who didn't understand it.

OK, I'll spell it out for you... The first reply made the connection between location and race - why else would anyone respond "Who cares" about a shooting spree in Seat Pleasant? Why else, other than racism, did Reply #2 express an utter lack of concern for the victims of a mass shooting? Would they have written the same thing if the dateline had been Ridge in St. Marys County? Somehow I don't think so.

And the next 22 replies in this thread all seemed to follow in the same footprints - not a whiff of outrage. If the location were Ridge, would the replies have read the same? Somehow I don't think so.

And even after the victims were identified as a firefighter and her parents (rather than the street hoodlums that everyone had assumed), why weren't there any replies (other than #24) that expressed any sadness? Would the forum be as silent if the victim and family were members of the Ridge VFD? Somehow I don't think so.

bcp

In My Opinion
lack of care over what has become a common everyday situation in certain areas does not equate to racism.