Question about attending a wedding...

R

remaxrealtor

Husband and I are doing battle because his best friends daughter is getting married this weekend and I'm not going. the wedding is in Charleston and I have work appts. I would have to cancel. She's a very sweet girl, but I've only met her twice. I'll send off a nice gift and card with him. I just don't take much time oof and when I do, that's not the trip I want to make.

Am I being unfair?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
remaxrealtor said:
Am I being unfair?
Maybe, maybe not.

If it were Larry's best friend's daughter, I know that he would definitely want to attend and I'd probably rearrange my schedule to accompany him.

So it's not really whether you want to go to the wedding or not, but how important it is to your hubby that you go with him.

Booboo3604

remaxrealtor said:
Husband and I are doing battle because his best friends daughter is getting married this weekend and I'm not going. the wedding is in Charleston and I have work appts. I would have to cancel. She's a very sweet girl, but I've only met her twice. I'll send off a nice gift and card with him. I just don't take much time oof and when I do, that's not the trip I want to make.

Am I being unfair?

Not unfair, but I think personally if you can make it to where you can go, you should. He obviously wants your company and its important to him if its a battle. I am sure there are some things that he does for you even though I know there are things he would rather be doing instead. Its a give and take issue. If you can work it to attend, you should. I think an important part to being in a relstionship is not only having common interests but participating in the others interest even if it isn't your thing. However if you are going to lose your job over it then no.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
vraiblonde said:
Maybe, maybe not.

If it were Larry's best friend's daughter, I know that he would definitely want to attend and I'd probably rearrange my schedule to accompany him.

So it's not really whether you want to go to the wedding or not, but how important it is to your hubby that you go with him.

Well said, Vrai. I have to agree. I have been put in that position quite a few times and the times I caved were times when I felt it was more important to my SO than my own plans. When I felt my plans were more important, believe me, I have stuck to my guns. In your case, I feel it may be one of those things where your hubby's feelings should come first. Although I totally relate with how you feel.

Another way to look at it is, if it were reversed and it was your best friend's daughter and hubby had other plans, would he rearrange his schedule for you? If he would, then yes, you should. If he wouldn't then, I'd keep my schedule intact and send the gift and my regards with him.

Nanny Pam

remaxrealtor said:

Am I being unfair?

Did you forget about the wedding when you made the appointments?

In all fairness,...if the appointments are related to Real Estate, then your income becomes the issue.

If the appts are not RE related, you should go to the wedding and get all sloppy drunk, dance on the tables, puke on the floor and make your husband sorry he made you go. :shrug:

...just my 2 cents.

:huggy:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

Well said. :flowers:

I would think that the invitation came in plenty of time for remax to re/schedule her appointments to keep the date open for travel.

vraiblonde said:
Maybe, maybe not.

Sharon said:
Well said. :flowers:

I would think that the invitation came in plenty of time for remax to re/schedule her appointments to keep the date open for travel.
:yeahthat:

R

remaxrealtor

cattitude said:

I had kept the date open. New clients are traveling in from another state on Sat. I can turn them over to someone else, but as you all know, the market has been slow, so I hate to lose good clients.....someone has to pay the mortgage. Believe me, I love his friends and would love to go, plus I could visit my family down there, it's just kind of irresponsible IMO.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
remaxrealtor said:
Believe me, I love his friends and would love to go
Tsk...tsk... :nono:

...that's not what you said in the first post.
I just don't take much time oof and when I do, that's not the trip I want to make.

I really can see your side in this, but if you're still "doing battle" - it's because he really wants you to go with him.

Angel

~*~*~
remaxrealtor said:

Am I being unfair?
I personally would expect the man to be at my best friends child's wedding, as long as he knew well in advance. If he didn't have ample time to plan around the wedding, then I understandably wouldn't expect him to make it. I also think that my best friends kid might be a little hurt if the man didn't show up for the wedding with me. Although I don't know how close you are with your husbands best friend and family.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Naw he'll be drunk in an hour and you can just tell him you were there and he will believe you..