Question about Local Schools

DallasRed

Still out of state..And need help before I decide on a house.

What about these schools?

Greenview Knolls
Esperanza
Great Mills

Are these in a good school district? If not which schools would you recommend?

Also Which High School do you like best, Great Mills or Leonardtown?

Thanks for you help : )

P

PinkyDinkyDo

Greenview Knolls
Esperanza
Great Mills

none of above horrible schools.

Greenview Knolls
Esperanza
Great Mills

Dont look at Charles County schools, other than north point hs, were in da hood.:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A cop told me that Chopticon and Ryken have the worst drug problems. For what it's worth.

I like Leonardtown in general, schools, community, the whole thing. But my kids went to GVK, Esperanza and Great Mills and had no problems.

observer

none of above horrible schools.

Wrong,

the general feeling is that Leonardtown is the prep school where all the kids from high paying jobs on base go. they are richer but they also have rich kid problems too.

Great Mills is 40% minority but it all depends on the group you hang around with, hence the nickname Ghetto Mills. I think it gets a bad rep because of all the noses stuck so far in the air the more you go north.

tercel95

The public schools in the area are very good...all of them... Great Mills is the "worst" school in the county but that really isn't saying much. It is still better than schools in Charles county, PG county and most of Montgomery county...

R

retiredweaxman

Greenview Knolls
Esperanza
Great Mills

DALLAS - I do not have any kids and, therefore, have no contact with the schools. However, I have found a web site that might answer a few of your questions.

Maryland Schools - Maryland State School Ratings - Public and Private

In the "compare" box, I chose "high schools" "5 miles" and "20653." Of course, you can choose whatever distance you want - but it popped up 3 high schools within 5 miles of Lexington Park. From there, you can choose the high school you want to look at (I chose Great Mills) and then you can read what other parents and students have had to say.

Hope this info helps. If you do not like this site, you can YAHOO/GOOGLE search for "rate MD high schools."

onel0126

Bead mumbler
It is still better than schools in Charles county, PG county and most of Montgomery county...

Are you high? :otter: Look at Greatschools.com and check out not only test scores only--but the number of kids qualifying for reduced or free lunch. High percentage=ghetto!

sockgirl77

Wrong,

the general feeling is that Leonardtown is the prep school where all the kids from high paying jobs on base go. they are richer but they also have rich kid problems too.

Great Mills is 40% minority but it all depends on the group you hang around with, hence the nickname Ghetto Mills. I think it gets a bad rep because of all the noses stuck so far in the air the more you go north.

Since when? :confused:

Severa

Common sense ain't common

Greenview Knolls
Esperanza
Great Mills

I can only speak for Greenview Knolls and Esperanza. My 9 yr old son attends Greenview Knolls and my 12 yr old son attends Esperanza. I have been very pleased with the staff and teachers at both schools. I have also been involved with the special education in this district as my oldest son is high functioning autistic and he has improved leaps and bounds since we first moved here almost 2 1/2 years ago.

Hope this helps!

crabluver

Maybe you are looking into the area due to your employment. But you might want to think about moving a little farther and commuting. Calvert County, MD has the best schools (Public). And the commute is not that far from Charles or St. Mary's.