question about my horse

mingiz

Horse Poor
I would also give her an enema to be on the safe side incase there is an impaction starting...may give her some relief.JMO.

bhoffman

k

update....i went over there and there was a whole bucket of water gone and then 1/4 from the other bucket. def looks better than she did around 11. also there were two piles of poop, so everything seems to be digesting well enough. and she peed earlier too. i will give her electrolytes for the rest of the summer just to give her that extra boost. i have almost a whole container left over from hss that we barely touched since it was only 4 days. thanks for all your help guys and i will keep a close eye on her. do you think its ok to feed her grain tonight, but only 1/2 of her normal feeding?

bhoffman

i hope so.... i let her out for the evening and then im going to bring her back in around 8:30 so she doesnt eat too much. and she will stay in all night and then most of the day tomorrow

Loper

Animal Poor!
bhoffman said:
should i buy that stuff that prevents sand colic?

Dr. Benedict from Tidewater always had us use Metamucil to prevent sand colic as we were on alot of sand at FRF. He said it works just as well and not as expensive. 1/4 cup a day (reguardless of horse size) 4 days out of each month. If you have alot of sand I would suggest asking your vet about it.

Good Luck!

bhoffman

Loper said:
Dr. Benedict from Tidewater always had us use Metamucil to prevent sand colic as we were on alot of sand at FRF. He said it works just as well and not as expensive. 1/4 cup a day (reguardless of horse size) 4 days out of each month. If you have alot of sand I would suggest asking your vet about it.

Good Luck!

ok cool i will def. check into that we also use tidewater, i was give dr. tacia a call thanks