Question about the Mueller/Comey bromance

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That would not be a good move. We all know how well that worked for Nixon when he fired Archibald Cox.

That!. Best thing Trump could do is stop even acknowledging the witch hunt, completely ignore it, and get on with business that matters. I'm beyond disappointed in his demonstrated inability to stop sweating the small stuff. Damn.

awpitt

Main Streeter
That!. Best thing Trump could do is stop even acknowledging the witch hunt, completely ignore it, and get on with business that matters. I'm beyond disappointed in his demonstrated inability to stop sweating the small stuff. Damn.

:yay:

Hank

my war
The Special Counsel gives Mueller a license to go fishing, and he is already doing that. Now he is investigating Trump for Obstruction of Justice.
Obviously for firing his friend---Comey.

Like I have said before he could bleed the US Treasury for a ton of money and investigate for the next 4 years unless the Republicans grow some balls and cut off the funding.

I don't really give a #### about any of that BS. Mueller is the Special Counsel and he is out for blood, and his position is a fishing expedition.
What you liberals are saying is that Trump made a mistake in appointing Rosenstein, and his mistake is coming back top haunt him.

OK; I agree Trump ####ed up and now he has to deal with this Mueller prick.
Trump has made a lot of mistakes his first one was in not firing Comey the first day he was inaugurated.
His next mistake was in not having Sessions prepare a case against Hillary.
He makes mistakes we all do I would like to see him stop making them , but If I had to vote tomorrow for him or Hillary I would vote for him.

:lmao: You're a trip!

PsyOps

Pixelated

I'd like to think that there is no 'there' there; so Trump should have nothing to worry about. But, given what Comey did in the Hillary scandal, when there was a mountain of evidence to indict her, and make up some bull#### standard of "intent" as a means to justify indictment, I believe Mueller could find anything - even the smallest of indiscretions - to prosecute Trump.

The corruption that is obvious to me... the goal is to reestablish the establishment back into full power. This is a big 'screw the will of the people' thing going on here.

Hijinx

I'd like to think that there is no 'there' there; so Trump should have nothing to worry about. But, given what Comey did in the Hillary scandal, when there was a mountain of evidence to indict her, and make up some bull#### standard of "intent" as a means to justify indictment, I believe Mueller could find anything - even the smallest of indiscretions - to prosecute Trump.

The corruption that is obvious to me... the goal is to reestablish the establishment back into full power. This is a big 'screw the will of the people' thing going on here.

There is no telling where Mueller will take this. Talk about your conspiracies.
Even Comey admitted he leaked his memo's to get a Special Prosecutor (excuse me Counsel) LOL.

Midnightrider

How do you go from what Comey and lynch did and determine that mueller and the trump admin are going to do the same? For your conspiracy theory to be true trump would have to be complicit in it. He is the one who vetted Mueller and appointed him. Or trump is so stupid that he was tricked into appointing someone with an agenda to the special counsel position.

It's funny how no one had an issue with Mueller until the trump machine started to trash the guy. and it looks like they started to trash the guy when he started digging into trumps obstruction.

PsyOps

Pixelated
How do you go from what Comey and lynch did and determine that mueller and the trump admin are going to do the same? For your conspiracy theory to be true trump would have to be complicit in it. He is the one who vetted Mueller and appointed him. Or trump is so stupid that he was tricked into appointing someone with an agenda to the special counsel position.

It's funny how no one had an issue with Mueller until the trump machine started to trash the guy. and it looks like they started to trash the guy when he started digging into trumps obstruction.

What Comey did with the Hillary case was corruption at its worst. Clinton should be serving time, like any other person that did the same would be serving. This 'special privilege' that exists in our government, that shields them from the law is despicable; and everyone should be utterly outraged at it.

I've about had it up to my eyeballs with the accusation that Trump obstructed justice and colluded with the Russians. We - THE PEOPLE - deserve to know what the heck is going on; and thus far, we - THE PEOPLE - have heard NO EVIDENCE that Trump obstructed justice and/or colluded with the Russians. The investigation (or shall we call it a 'matter'?) Comey led, Trump was not under investigation for anything - NOTHING! It's on the record. Suddenly, Mueller gets in there and he finds what Comey couldn't, that Trump needed to be investigated for obstruction. It stinks to high heaven of a vendetta. They are going to screw Trump of something. They are not going to waste all of this effort, and be defamed by this president, and walk away empty handed.

I've had an issue with the entire damn Justice Dept (and let's include the IRS and NSA along with it) going all the way back to Fast and Furious. They have shown they are politically motivated and corrupt in ways I can't even define. You and your other bands of Trump-haters aren't going to convince me differently.

PsyOps

Pixelated
There is no telling where Mueller will take this. Talk about your conspiracies.
Even Comey admitted he leaked his memo's to get a Special Prosecutor (excuse me Counsel) LOL.

And that shows how vindictively motivated Comey was. He has consistently shown he isn't interested in enforcing the law; he has shown he will use his position of influence for political destruction. And Mueller is born from the same cloth.

Midnightrider

What Comey did with the Hillary case was corruption at its worst. Clinton should be serving time, like any other person that did the same would be serving. This 'special privilege' that exists in our government, that shields them from the law is despicable; and everyone should be utterly outraged at it.

I've about had it up to my eyeballs with the accusation that Trump obstructed justice and colluded with the Russians. We - THE PEOPLE - deserve to know what the heck is going on; and thus far, we - THE PEOPLE - have heard NO EVIDENCE that Trump obstructed justice and/or colluded with the Russians. The investigation (or shall we call it a 'matter'?) Comey led, Trump was not under investigation for anything - NOTHING! It's on the record. Suddenly, Mueller gets in there and he finds what Comey couldn't, that Trump needed to be investigated for obstruction. It stinks to high heaven of a vendetta. They are going to screw Trump of something. They are not going to waste all of this effort, and be defamed by this president, and walk away empty handed.

I've had an issue with the entire damn Justice Dept (and let's include the IRS and NSA along with it) going all the way back to Fast and Furious. They have shown they are politically motivated and corrupt in ways I can't even define. You and your other bands of Trump-haters aren't going to convince me differently.

Here is the problem with the vendetta theory, trump picked mueller. he decided to appoint the SC because of the uproar after he fired Comey. From all appearances Mueller is doing exactly what he was charged with doing. other than trumps tweets there is no indication mueller is acting vindictively. Investigating the president for firing Comey to see if there us obstruction there seems pretty logical and related to the Russia investigation. lets see what mueller does.
If trump is worried about how people are going to act after he defames them, maybe he shouldn't defame them. :shrug:
I see no reason to suspect Rod of 'turning', yet trump couldn't help but attack tweet him.

I lost my faith in government during Iran contra. It hasn't gotten any worse, just different players.

This_person

Here is the problem with the vendetta theory, trump picked mueller. he decided to appoint the SC because of the uproar after he fired Comey. From all appearances Mueller is doing exactly what he was charged with doing. other than trumps tweets there is no indication mueller is acting vindictively. Investigating the president for firing Comey to see if there us obstruction there seems pretty logical and related to the Russia investigation. lets see what mueller does.
If trump is worried about how people are going to act after he defames them, maybe he shouldn't defame them. :shrug:
I see no reason to suspect Rod of 'turning', yet trump couldn't help but attack tweet him.

I lost my faith in government during Iran contra. It hasn't gotten any worse, just different players.

How could he obstruct justice when he could proactively pardon with the swipe of a pen?

Hijinx

Hush, you. You're going to make MR cry, and I'm fresh out of puppies and coloring books.

I am not the brightest guy in the world, but if I were Trump, I would fight the Special Counsel with more Special Counsels.,

I would appoint a Special Counsel to investigate Hillary, Lynch,Comey, Obama, and John F'in Kerry and the Iran deal he made after his son in law was involved.
I would appoint another Special Counsel to investigate Chuck the Schmuck, Nancy Pelosi, and Maxine Waters who are all involved in a collaboration to bring down the President.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am not the brightest guy in the world, but if I were Trump, I would fight the Special Counsel with more Special Counsels.,

I would appoint a Special Counsel to investigate Hillary, Lynch,Comey, Obama, and John F'in Kerry and the Iran deal he made after his son in law was involved.
I would appoint another Special Counsel to investigate Chuck the Schmuck, Nancy Pelosi, and Maxine Waters who are all involved in a collaboration to bring down the President.

If you did that, you would see a dogpile of opposition and accusations like you have never seen in your life. Your whole life and the lives of everyone you love would be taken apart. Trump is literally surrounded by traitors and those who want to bring him down - it's like something out of Game of Thrones.

And I'm pretty sure he understands this by now.

Hijinx

If you did that, you would see a dogpile of opposition and accusations like you have never seen in your life. Your whole life and the lives of everyone you love would be taken apart. Trump is literally surrounded by traitors and those who want to bring him down - it's like something out of Game of Thrones.

And I'm pretty sure he understands this by now.

So what has he got to lose they are all on his ass anyway, might as well give them something to cry about/.

I would Special Counsel their asses into the ground.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Then Comey must be the most incompetent FBI director ever. What he could find in nearly a year, Mueller was able to find in a matter of a few days. I'm not convinced of any of this.

Comey and Mueller are besties.
Trump fired and disparaged Comey.
Comey wants payback.
Comey LEAKS his memo in order to get a independent counsel; knowing full-well who that person would be.
Wha La! Collusion investigation open.

:ohwell:

Midnightrider

Then Comey must be the most incompetent FBI director ever. What he could find in nearly a year, Mueller was able to find in a matter of a few days. I'm not convinced of any of this.

Comey and Mueller are besties.
Trump fired and disparaged Comey.
Comey wants payback.
Comey LEAKS his memo in order to get a independent counsel; knowing full-well who that person would be.
Wha La! Collusion investigation open.

:ohwell:
How did Comey know who the trump admin would pick?
What do you think Mueller found that Comey hadn't? As I understand the theories Comey was looking into collusion but the rumor about the Mueller investigation is that they are looking into obstruction. Those are different things, and there is no evidence mueller has found anything. Even the rumor is just that he is investigating.

So how is it that trump was so easoily tricked into appointing comey's bestie?
Other than trumps tweets, what evidence is there that Comey and mueller are even friends?

PsyOps

Pixelated
How did Comey know who the trump admin would pick?
What do you think Mueller found that Comey hadn't? As I understand the theories Comey was looking into collusion but the rumor about the Mueller investigation is that they are looking into obstruction. Those are different things, and there is no evidence mueller has found anything. Even the rumor is just that he is investigating.

So how is it that trump was so easoily tricked into appointing comey's bestie?
Other than trumps tweets, what evidence is there that Comey and mueller are even friends?

Collusion... obstruction... in terms of being investigated, Trump wasn't being investigated for either under Comey's investigation. I ask again, what did Mueller find that Comey wasn't able? Comey had enormous resources, and no investigation of Trump in nearly a year of investigations. In a matter of days, Mueller was able to find something to justify an investigate Trump.

And here's the problem... if Trump is guilty of obstruction, where does that put Comey for not reporting it? This still points to either 1) he lied because he didn't report it, or 2) he's gravely incompetent for not identifying it.