Question For A Cop

CraneTaker77

Say I walk into a Liquor store and buy a 12 pack of beer. Where is the best place to put it? A guy I work with told me that if your driving a get pulled over. You haven't had one drink, you get pulled over for another reason. If your beer is within reach of you that you can get some kind of ticket for that. Say if you have it on the passenger side floor. I've been dying to just go up and ask a random cop, but I dont want to look like a weirdo. I'm thinking my friend is full of crap.

lovinmaryland

I put mine right in the passenger seat. Easier to reach when I am trying to D&D :yay:

:lol:

But really I put it either on the floor of the front seat or the back seat :shrug: I am pretty sure if they pull you over and there are none open you would be fine.

CraneTaker77

I put mine right in the passenger seat. Easier to reach when I am trying to D&D :yay:

:lol:

But really I put it either on the floor of the front seat or the back seat :shrug: I am pretty sure if they pull you over and there are none open you would be fine.

yea that's what I do know, I guess I would really have to get an a-whole cop to want to write me a ticket. The ones who are young and let the power go to they're head.

It was always my understanding that you couldn't have an open container in the passenger compartment. Closed, sealed ones should not be a problem.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Say I walk into a Liquor store and buy a 12 pack of beer. Where is the best place to put it? A guy I work with told me that if your driving a get pulled over. You haven't had one drink, you get pulled over for another reason. If your beer is within reach of you that you can get some kind of ticket for that. Say if you have it on the passenger side floor. I've been dying to just go up and ask a random cop, but I dont want to look like a weirdo. I'm thinking my friend is full of crap.

Your friend is full of crap.

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
What a stupid question.
If you buy alcohol, aren't already under the influence, don't consume it and don't have an open container then you can't get charged with an alcohol violation.
Common Sense! :duh:

frogman123

No- lol, you can transport alcohol if you are over 21 (or is it 18). If it's open, like even a liquor bottle it needs to be in the trunk. But a 12 pack of beer? You can have it in your lap if you want...

L

luckystar

So what about flasks? Since they don't have a breakable seal, can you not travel in a vehicle with them?

You could take an empty flask and a sealed bottle, but then how are you to prove there was nothing in it when bringing it into the vehicle? For example, someone concerned about it could rinse it with water, and it would smell about the same as any other previously used flask.

CraneTaker77

What a stupid question.
If you buy alcohol, aren't already under the influence, don't consume it and don't have an open container then you can't get charged with an alcohol violation.
Common Sense! :duh:

I was just curious, I've seen alot more stupid questions on here than this one.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
So what about flasks? Since they don't have a breakable seal, can you not travel in a vehicle with them?

You could take an empty flask and a sealed bottle, but then how are you to prove there was nothing in it when bringing it into the vehicle? For example, someone concerned about it could rinse it with water, and it would smell about the same as any other previously used flask.

You'd treat a flask the same as any open container. Put it in the trunk or back of the vehicle.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Always keep a 6-pack with you. If you ever get pulled over when you have been drinking, quickly turn off the engine, remove the keys (throw 'em outside) and start chugging away. How will the cop know you were intoxicated before you started driving? :shrug:

Pete

Repete
There's no such thing as a stupid question. If you don't know something, the only way to find out is to ask.

Many years ago some squid asked what belt you wear with the 13 button trousers. I thought that was a stupid question.