Question for the blondes

SoMDGirl42

When I was younger, every summer my hair turned green from the chlorine in the the pool. I swam nearly every day. It didn't matter that I washed my hair every day, it still turned green. Sometimes, VERY green.

My question is, if you have any dye, highlights, etc. on naturally blonde hair, will the hair still turn green?

T

toppick08

When I was younger, every summer my hair turned green from the chlorine in the the pool. I swam nearly every day. It didn't matter that I washed my hair every day, it still turned green. Sometimes, VERY green.

My question is, if you have any dye, highlights, etc. on naturally blonde hair, will the hair still turn green?

Blondes rock..:yay:

:huggy:

K

kris31280

Yes, the chlorine will cause a reaction.

They do, however, sell shampoos which prevent the green. The only thing is you need to wash your hair as soon as possible after being in the pool.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus

I believe the dyed hair turns even more so..
Like Kris said.. they have shampoos and products to prevent it from going green. Try leaving in a layer of conditioner in your hair before you swim to protect it

SoMDGirl42

Like Kris said.. they have shampoos and products to prevent it from going green. Try leaving in a layer of conditioner in your hair before you swim to protect it

:jameo: I have very fair skin, green doesn't look good on me. I'll have to get some of this shampoo. Thanks ya'll.

meangirl

Nice lady!

:yeahthat: Highlights are the worst. Totally green. :lol: The shampoo works ok but I've had to use ketchup or excedrin to totally get the green out.

SoMDGirl42

:yeahthat: Highlights are the worst. Totally green. :lol: The shampoo works ok but I've had to use ketchup or excedrin to totally get the green out.

:nono: I'm allergic to ketchup
Please explain the excedrin. I know I'm blonde, but I'm pretty sure I don't take it orally to get the green out.

chess

low 5... hi 5......

u would know with your blonde curly hair !!

meangirl

Nice lady!
:nono: I'm allergic to ketchup
Please explain the excedrin. I know I'm blonde, but I'm pretty sure I don't take it orally to get the green out.

Oops, sorry. Ketchup, don't use obviously. :lol:

The excedrin is what I have on hand...if you crush it up and add a bit of water...put it on your hair it will take the green out completely. (generic works well too.)

K

kris31280

Buy the cheapest aspirin you can find...uncoated works best and costs the least. Put about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of aspirin tablets in a large container of water. It will dissolve immediately. Put the dissolved aspirin in the hair and work it in

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Oops, sorry. Ketchup, don't use obviously. :lol:

The excedrin is what I have on hand...if you crush it up and add a bit of water...put it on your hair it will take the green out completely. (generic works well too.)

And I thought excedrin was only good for headaches. I'll have to remember this, I usually have a giant bottle of excedrin on hand since that's the only thing that works for my migranes.

Poohhunny1605

And I thought excedrin was only good for headaches. I'll have to remember this, I usually have a giant bottle of excedrin on hand since that's the only thing that works for my migranes.

I heard that Pantene Pro-V works the best to get chlorine out of hair. My friend gets her hair permed and has blonde hair, she uses this. Works great on her.

meangirl

Nice lady!
I heard that Pantene Pro-V works the best to get chlorine out of hair. My friend gets her hair permed and has blonde hair, she uses this. Works great on her.

I have Pantene Pro-V for blonde, for highlighted hair, for everything really... :lol: and it doesn't help at all with the green issue. :ohwell:

ocean733

Green? I don't remember my hair ever turning green. When I was little my hair was almost white. It never happened to me. :shrug: