Question re stop lights at merging lanes

Choklatjunkeee

A coworker pointed out there is an extra red light on the pole at the intersection of Airport Road, where you would turn right at the light to merge onto Route 235 South. I also noticed one at the intersection of Route 4 North and 760. I have never noticed the lights before, and always turned right when there was no traffic coming. So, the other day I stopped at the one in Wildewood and someone behind me went horn crazy, so I moved along. Can anyone tell me what the law is? TIA

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
A coworker pointed out there is an extra red light on the pole at the intersection of Airport Road, where you would turn right at the light to merge onto Route 235 South. I also noticed one at the intersection of Route 4 North and 760. I have never noticed the lights before, and always turned right when there was no traffic coming. So, the other day I stopped at the one in Wildewood and someone behind me went horn crazy, so I moved along. Can anyone tell me what the law is? TIA

Didnt you already post this???

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Can anyone tell me what the law is? TIA

You're required to turn right into the righmost lane of 235 south.
There is a yield sign there so you're required to yield to anyone in the rightmost lane.
The rightmost lane starts at the 235/airport rd intersection so unless someone on 235 south has their turn signal on, turn right, accelerate and merge

blacklabman

You're required to turn right into the righmost lane of 235 south.
There is a yield sign there so you're required to yield to anyone in the rightmost lane.
The rightmost lane starts at the 235/airport rd intersection so unless someone on 235 south has their turn signal on, turn right, accelerate and merge

Don't get me started about passing in the accel/decel lane!