Question

mingiz

Horse Poor
My cousin wants to get his daughter involved into horses. She is 9. Are there any reputible lesson stables near LP City. I know of A Moment in Time but they want to try and stay closer to home. Thanks!!!! :howdy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
mingiz said:
My cousin wants to get his daughter involved into horses. She is 9. Are there any reputible lesson stables near LP City. I know of A Moment in Time but they want to try and stay closer to home. Thanks!!!! :howdy:
:howdy: I think that FlatIron would be closer. If so check to see if Julie Bingman is giving beginner lessons. She volunteered at Horse Science School this past year and all the kids loved her. She is one awesome teacher, I can't say enough good things about her.

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
morganhorse said:
Where exactly are they looking for lessons? Is "LP" LaPlata or somewhere in St. Marys County? :shrug:

Lexington Park area. Beginner lessons for a 9yr old. :howdy:

Cowgirl

It's Julie Bingman...

She is really very good with kids. I went to school w/ her and used to work at her farm. I highly recommend her!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Thanks Golden :huggy: I will give the info to my cousin...I think they will probably go there since it's more closer to home. I know the facility well. I use to help Bubby with the Christmas Open house and hook up the teams for wagon rides. Those were the days.... :lmao:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I hope it works out. Julie has done alot with Flatiron. She was indeed blessed with a great opportunity. They are suppose to be having a fall trail ride, I am hoping it is still in the works.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Well if they do have a fall ride .I'm sure we'll hear from Remax about it....Hitch gets installed tomorrow.On the road again!!!!!! :dance:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
mingiz said:
Well if they do have a fall ride .I'm sure we'll hear from Remax about it....Hitch gets installed tomorrow.On the road again!!!!!! :dance:

Reverie Acres has a fall ride? I didn't know they did trail riding? :howdy:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
mygoldnhorse said:
:howdy: I saw the ad in the classifieds....what is a NCEL team?

I'm relatively new to this area and would probably explain it incorrectly. However, they have a link on their website which appears in the classifieds. :howdy:

fredsaid2

mygoldnhorse said:
:howdy: I saw the ad in the classifieds....what is a NCEL team?

National Capital Equestrian League
Great program! A participating barn sets up a team of riders. Every couple of weeks the team travels to another barn to compete against the host barn and a couple other teams. The riders draw horses and are allowed a 5 min warm-up before competing over fences then a hack. Points are accumulated as a team and individually. It's a nice opportunity for non horse owning riders since each barn provides mounts. They get to test their skills on totally foreign horses. The team builds great friendships and since sportsmanship is a focus, friends from other teams too. Yes, it's during the cold months but it's great fun.