Quick - dental abcess?

buddscreekman

Well,it is an abscess. Turns out I had a root fragment that is infected. Looking at a total of four extractions,three teeth near this spot and the fragment itself. Said the other three have infection @the roots and this is very near my sinuses,possibly accounting for the headaches.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Well,it is an abscess. Turns out I had a root fragment that is infected. Looking at a total of four extractions,three teeth near this spot and the fragment itself. Said the other three have infection @the roots and this is very near my sinuses,possibly accounting for the headaches.

Well at least you got it diagnosed. I hope it gets better.

MMM_donuts

Start taking that Penicillin from your Daughter's Wisdom teeth. The little growth you described is a Fistula. The reason why you aren't in pain, is because that fistula is allowing the infection out in small increments, and that's why you aren't noticing any pain, or bad taste. When your tooth broke off, not all of it came out, the gum covered it, and now..your body is reacting to a foreign object. You'll be just fine if you wait until next week. Only take her Penicillin if you aren't allergic. If you have pain, then go to any Dentist that have hours on Saturday's. I've heard that Neibaurer is EXPENSIVE. Otherwise, just go to your Dentist. Motrin is the BEST for oral pain. That is if you don't have Asthma, or aren't allergic. 800 mg three times daily with food. Good luck!!

Yeah that. I had my upper teeth done with veneers and then a few of them abscessed. I am not a dentist but have a very long, extensive dental history due to those veneers. I had horrible pain and swelling with mine. All they do for an abscess is put you on antibiotics and then do whatever work on your teeth they need to do later. I had the fistula with one abscess. You'll be fine to wait on an appt instead of trying to do an emergency appt unless you start having lots of pain, illness, fever, etc. Good luck, dude.

MMM_donuts

That sounds really expensive :(

buddscreekman

165.00 after insurance. And the initial stuff was all covered. But here's the kicker - they wouldn't pay for the 22.00 Augmentin.

Now,that 165 is if I do it with Neibauer. But I'm kinda thinking about going to an oral surgeon. I want to stay awake,just get the Novocaine,but I want someone who can get in there and do it relatively fast.

mamatutu

mama to two
i cant believe Neibauer will not be more expensive..my experience with them is that they are higher than the norm..they will bill u extra after the fact..trust me..go with the oral surgeon

mamatutu

mama to two
sorry..

should have included in my post that Neibauer said my son had 10 cavities..what!?..he got second opinion..he had 3..big difference..3 is bad enough, but at least it wasn't 10

mamatutu

mama to two
sorry..again

Neibauer likes to say they have the most up to date dentistry technology..that is why i think they try to put something over on you, because it makes you think other dentists miss what they see..not!

mamatutu

mama to two
one more time..

also, sue the dentist that left the tooth fragment during the procedure the first time..who needs more problems?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I felt something on my gum. Looked in the mirror and it looks like a red/purple blister. Did some googling and this sounds like an abcess. It is located just under the spot where a tooth broke,and then fell out many years ago. Kind of freaking out since when I look online I'm seeing some pretty horrible consequences for ignoring this - but it's a Friday night. I'm not really in any pain,but now of course I'm associating that headache I've had all day with a horrible brain infection or the like. Anybody else ever have one these,and can it wait til Monday? I do have some Penicillin left over from daughter's wisdom tooth surgery......but no fever or anything,so I'm on the fence. I always thought these are dangerous when left untreated for a long time,so I figure Monday should be ok to wait until. Right? RIGHT???:cds:

Go to a walk-in clinic if available and demand Vicodin Vicodin Vicodin! That stuff works fantastic for dental pain.

I suffered through one for an entire Thanksgiving weekend a few years back, and only leftover Vicodin from a previous root canal made it bearable until the dentist Monday AM.

Roman

also, sue the dentist that left the tooth fragment during the procedure the first time..who needs more problems?
I don't think the Dentist left the tooth fragment in there. His Post said that it broke off, and part of it fell out.