Quick Easy Diet?

_FOX.FORD_

So I Work 11 Hrs A Day 6 Days A Week. I Find It Hard To Eat Right! Any Suggestions For Good Foods I Can Snack On While At The Desk And Good Meals For Home I Get Home So Late Eat A Big Meal Then Go To Bed And It Is Begining To Take A Toll On Me Body??

C

CalvertNewbie

So I Work 11 Hrs A Day 6 Days A Week. I Find It Hard To Eat Right! Any Suggestions For Good Foods I Can Snack On While At The Desk And Good Meals For Home I Get Home So Late Eat A Big Meal Then Go To Bed And It Is Begining To Take A Toll On Me Body??

I used to have a similar work schedule & I'd get off work at 1am. Who the heck eats dinner at 1am? Not good! I quickly realized I needed a new plan.

The best thing for me was to plan ahead & bring food with me to work so that I didn't order in like most others did. Let's face it, it's a lot easier to order pizza/subs/fast food than it is to cook at home. But I got myself in the habit of preparing food to take with me before I left the house.

I started bringing a healthy dinner to work so that when I got home, I could just eat a snack instead of a big meal (protein shake, fruit, yogurt, etc). As for snacks...veggies, veggies & more veggies. I always brought a bunch of cut up raw veggies with some dip & snacked on them throughout the day. Cereal bars/ protein bars helped too. You can do it, just takes discipline.

DQ2B

Eating late and then going to bed is really bad for you. Is there any way you can eat your last meal while at work? Stick with "real" food, meaning fruits, veggies, lean meats, eggs, whole grains. If it has a label on it then think twice about eating what's inside. Stay away from the processed stuff. Switch to olive oil for cooking. Good snacks are a handful of almonds or walnuts, yogurt, piece of fruit, dried fruit or veggies (all these don't require much prep). Oatmeal with cut up fruit like apples, bananas and raisins is a great breakfast as it will keep you full for a long time. When you cook, make extras to freeze so that you can have a quick meal.

_FOX.FORD_

I used to have a similar work schedule & I'd get off work at 1am. Who the heck eats dinner at 1am? Not good! I quickly realized I needed a new plan.

The best thing for me was to plan ahead & bring food with me to work so that I didn't order in like most others did. Let's face it, it's a lot easier to order pizza/subs/fast food than it is to cook at home. But I got myself in the habit of preparing food to take with me before I left the house.

I started bringing a healthy dinner to work so that when I got home, I could just eat a snack instead of a big meal (protein shake, fruit, yogurt, etc). As for snacks...veggies, veggies & more veggies. I always brought a bunch of cut up raw veggies with some dip & snacked on them throughout the day. Cereal bars/ protein bars helped too. You can do it, just takes discipline.

THAT SOUNDS GREAT! MAYBE IF I EAT BETTER TOO I WONT BE SO TIRED. THANKS

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny

I try to cook a head on my days off and freeze meals for the week. If my schedule does not allow for that, I use those healthy meals in the frozen food isle. As for snacks, I do not deprive myself as there are so many 100 calorie packs of your fav snack at on the market today.

But plenty of water, fruits and veggies are always a good choice.

Last edited:

SA475

"Mark It Zero"
I have the same kind of schedule...

1) Try joining All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret It's completely free and if you have a blackberry, you can update your food intake and exercise on the go... Helps you realize what you are eating. You can also add "friends" like facebook or myspace (for ehhhh, support).

2) I'm on a smoothie diet. I prep a smoothie each night for the morning and stick it in the fridge. Frozen whole fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc - whatever you like), a little light soy milk, a little bit of 100% fruit juice. Then in the AM, I blend it and I take it with me on the commute. So I essentially eat/drink breakfast while I drive.

3) About an hour or so after you're at work - have a snack. Something like a Fiber One bar.

4) For lunch (around 1100-1200) eat a tuna sandwich, bowl of soup, or something else that is healthy.

5) Afternoon snack about 2 hrs after you eat.

6) For dinner, 2 bowls of salad, with light/healthy dressing. One serving of meat (chicken, pork, etc.) Side of vegtables - like broccoli if you want.

By doing this, I've lost 6 lbs in the past 2 weeks... and I haven't increased my exercise level at all.

Just keep your calories UNDER those that you expend in daily activities. And try to balance your carbs, your protein, and your fat.

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny
I have the same kind of schedule...

1) Try joining All Things Food and Diet - FatSecret It's completely free and if you have a blackberry, you can update your food intake and exercise on the go... Helps you realize what you are eating. You can also add "friends" like facebook or myspace (for ehhhh, support).

2) I'm on a smoothie diet. I prep a smoothie each night for the morning and stick it in the fridge. Frozen whole fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc - whatever you like), a little light soy milk, a little bit of 100% fruit juice. Then in the AM, I blend it and I take it with me on the commute. So I essentially eat/drink breakfast while I drive.

3) About an hour or so after you're at work - have a snack. Something like a Fiber One bar.

4) For lunch (around 1100-1200) eat a tuna sandwich, bowl of soup, or something else that is healthy.

5) Afternoon snack about 2 hrs after you eat.

6) For dinner, 2 bowls of salad, with light/healthy dressing. One serving of meat (chicken, pork, etc.) Side of vegtables - like broccoli if you want.

By doing this, I've lost 6 lbs in the past 2 weeks... and I haven't increased my exercise level at all.

Just keep your calories UNDER those that you expend in daily activities. And try to balance your carbs, your protein, and your fat.

:buddies:

T

toppick08

Put the fukking fork down and get off your ass......easy peasy.

I try to cook a head on my days off and freeze meals for the week. If my schedule does not allow for that, I use those healthy meals in the frozen food isle. As for snacks, I do not deprive myself as there are so many 100 calorie packs of your fav snack at on the market today.

But plenty of water, fruits and veggies are always a good choice.

:faint: