Quick! Jump in the shower!

glhs837

Power with Control
Deciding if I can make it work between them on the bike. Only takes seven minutes house to office........hmmmmmm the radar is looking like I can, but just barely......

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I called to wake up my husband around 0630 and he informed me that it was thundering. He knows I love thunderstorms. He just had to rub it in that I was missing it. :smack:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Boy 2 had to get his shower in between the booms. It was a near run thing. Thought we had 6 minutes but it was more like 3.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Deciding if I can make it work between them on the bike. Only takes seven minutes house to office........hmmmmmm the radar is looking like I can, but just barely......

So did ya make it? :killingme

I called to wake up my husband around 0630 and he informed me that it was thundering. He knows I love thunderstorms. He just had to rub it in that I was missing it. :smack:

I LOVE a good thunderstorm! Growing up on Long Island, we had a ton of them. I used to love to hang out at the beach (under shelter of course!) and watch the lightening hit the waves.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I LOVE a good thunderstorm!

Me too.

I woke up around 6am to the boomers and felt sorry for anyone who had to get out of bed and go to work. Then Apollo reminded me that he had to pee, so we had a nice little walk in the rain this morning. :lol:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Me too.

I woke up around 6am to the boomers and felt sorry for anyone who had to get out of bed and go to work. Then Apollo reminded me that he had to pee, so we had a nice little walk in the rain this morning. :lol:

They woke me up yesterday & today but my little man sleeps right through them. The entire house was shaking yesterday morning and he was just snoozing away. :lol: Days like that I'm extra happy I'm now a sahm instead of commuting into DC.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Why do you have to jump in the shower quickly? :confused:
Because my Mamaw said that if it's thundering you will get electrocuted and die if you're in the shower. If you think it's gonna come a storm, you better get your butt in the shower quick!

MythBusters Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage took that weather alert to task and constructed a makeshift house, complete with grounded plumbing. Then, they doused it with simulated lightning in an electricity testing facility to find out whether the voltage really could leap from the sky to the shower.

Since the MythBusters were shy of showering on camera, they hired a stand-in: a ballistics gel dummy that had roughly the same electrical conductivity as the human body. To screen for a fatal lightning strike, the dummy wore a heart monitor. The 700,000 volts of fake lightning indeed arced onto the water pipes and jumped to the shower, causing a fire.

Although the heart monitor failed to measure the amount of current swimming through the stunt dummy, the visual evidence was clear enough to rule the myth plausible. Just as the National Weather Service warns, it's safe to shower only once thunderstorms have passed you by.

Discovery Kids :: Tell Me - Shower During a Storm

Most sewer lines are underground. Statistically, very few people get shocked via a pipe or faucet from inside the house.
Okay. We had to replace a well pump a couple years ago because the well head was struck by lightning... statistically speaking I guess it never happened.

SoMDGirl42

Mini me and I both had to race between storms to shower. Generally, I do not like to shower while it's storming. I don't want to take a chance of lightening striking and lighting us up, but more so, I don't want the lightening to strike near us and take out a transformer and lose electricity while we are in there. I don't need a hysterical 6 year old in a completely dark bathroom (no windows) in the shower all soapy. :killingme So, quick shower it was! Whew.