Quick! Need Accountant Recommendations

K

Kizzy

Last year, the e-file charge was $14.95 for Federal and $8.95 for State.

Everyone THINKS that if they e-file they will get their money quicker than just mailing them. That is only partially true, if you enter your direct deposit information on your returns when you mail them, it takes about the same amount of time. It is still very early in the tax season, so the Federal turn around should be less than 3 weeks and the State, less than 10 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kain99

Originally posted by sleuth14
JRJ charged me $70 for prep because of my house... rather than $30, and they want $25 to e-file. Can I e-file it myself and is it difficult?
Turbo Tax it! Really quick and worth the cost of the software! :wink:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by ememdee19
Wow, IM4...big difference here. I talked to H&R last year about taking the same class and they said they were only charging $100. Wonder what's up with the huge price difference??

That is a big difference. It cost me $200 in the 90's to go, and this past fall, I believe the cost was $366. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by sleuth14
JRJ charged me $70 for prep because of my house... rather than $30, and they want $25 to e-file. Can I e-file it myself and is it difficult?

I told you from the start it would be $75...I'd already called and that's what it'll be for ours. $30 is the cheapest and not for people with houses, etc...

Pete

Repete
I just do turbo tax on Yahoo. $30 to do fed and state and e-file. Same as buying turbo tax, same questions will even import your investment stuff and W-2 from your employer in most cases.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by IM4Change
Last year, the e-file charge was $14.95 for Federal and $8.95 for State.

Everyone THINKS that if they e-file they will get their money quicker than just mailing them. That is only partially true, if you enter your direct deposit information on your returns when you mail them, it takes about the same amount of time. It is still very early in the tax season, so the Federal turn around should be less than 3 weeks and the State, less than 10 days.
We paid the extra to e-file last year. We had our taxes done on a Sunday. We got our Federal refund on that Wednesday and State that Friday.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by cmcdanal
We paid the extra to e-file last year. We had our taxes done on a Sunday. We got our Federal refund on that Wednesday and State that Friday.

I had several go that way, but once it got later in the season, it took longer. I also had a person mail his return and get it back in less than 7 business days. :shrug: It just depends on timing and how many forms are attached.

willie

Last year I used Turbotax with a free Federal filing. I think that version cost $29. Maryland site is simple and free. You just enter your Federal info and if there is a refund you can also use direct deposit. It's quick. Turbotax is surprisingly easy even using a schedule C and schedule E.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I used JRJ last year and was so happy. They did a wonderful job and now my sister and most of my friends are going there. I paid a little more than the 75 b/c we had two seperate returns and a business return but I got my refund in 24 hours. I had gone to a different accountant and there was a 2K difference in the refund I got back. There were so many more deductions I qualified for that the other place didn't even think to ask me about. I highly recommend them anyday.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Originally posted by jeneisen
I used JRJ last year and was so happy.
I've been using JRJ for several years now. If you don't have an appointment and are a walk-in, you may end up waiting for an extended period, but it's not too bad. I always e-file and usually have my return (fed) back within 24 hours. The cost is roughly $130 for both fed & state returns. I know...I'm lazy...:ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
I've been using JRJ for several years now. If you don't have an appointment and are a walk-in, you may end up waiting for an extended period, but it's not too bad. I always e-file and usually have my return (fed) back within 24 hours. The cost is roughly $130 for both fed & state returns. I know...I'm lazy...:ohwell:
$130 for a 1040 EZ? Good googly moogly.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well, I dont know how much they are but there is Cousino & Cousineau in Waldorf. 301-932-4000 or 301-843-7500. Speak to Craig Cousineau

B

baswm

I usually use Tax Cut to do my taxes the last several years. Very easy to use and I filed electronically. :)

K

Kizzy

Slueth,

The answer is no. These methods are open to (1) those who file 1040EZ or (2) make poverty level or below.

When you mail off your taxes, write the direct deposit information on the bottom. It shouldn't take longer than 3 weeks to get both refunds into your account.