Quran 20:25-54 Spiritual and Moral Direction

seekeroftruth

Quran 20: 25. He said, “My Lord, put my heart at peace for me.
26. And ease my task for me.
27. And untie the knot from my tongue.
28. So they can understand my speech.
29. And appoint an assistant for me, from my family.
30. Aaron, my brother.
31. Strengthen me with him.
32. And have him share in my mission.
33. That we may glorify You much.
34. And remember You much.
35. You are always watching over us.”
36. He said, “You are granted your request, O Moses.
37. We had favored you another time.
38. When We inspired your mother with the inspiration.
39. Put him in the chest; then cast him into the river. The river will wash him to shore, where an enemy of Mine and an enemy of his will pick him up. And I have bestowed upon you love from Me, so that you may be reared before My eye.[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]40. When your sister walked along, and said, ‘Shall I tell you about someone who will take care of him?' So We returned you to your mother, that she may be comforted, and not sorrow. And you killed a person, but We saved you from stress; and We tested you thoroughly. And you stayed years among the people of Median. Then you came back, as ordained, O Moses.[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]41. And [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]I made you for Myself.[/COLOR][/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]42. Go, you and your brother, with My signs, and do not neglect My remembrance.[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]43. Go to Pharaoh. He has tyrannized.[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]44. But speak to him nicely. Perhaps he will remember, or have some fear.”[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]45. They said, “Lord, we fear he may persecute us, or become violent.”[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]46. He said, “Do not fear, I am with you, I hear and I see.[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][B]47. Approach him and say, We are the messengers of your Lord; so let the Children of Israel go with us, and do not torment them. We bring you a sign from your Lord, and peace be upon him who follows guidance.
48. It was revealed to us that the punishment falls upon him who disbelieves and turns away.'“
49. He said, “Who is your Lord, O Moses.”
50. He said, “Our Lord is He who gave everything its existence, then guided it.”
51. He said, “What about the first generations?”
52. He said, “Knowledge thereof is with my Lord, in a Book. My Lord never errs, nor does He forget.”
53. He who made the earth a habitat for you; and traced in it routes for you; and sent down water from the sky, with which We produce pairs of diverse plants.
54. Eat and pasture your livestock. In that are signs for those with understanding.
Here's the commentary.

27a. It is to put an unnatural interpretation on the words to search for the knot or impediment of the tongue in the burning of it. The ‘uqdah of the tongue is the coarseness or roughness of it. And the man who has ‘uqdah (i.e., knot) in his tongue is called ‘aqid, explained as meaning a man having an impediment in his tongue, unable to speak freely.​
29a. Wazßr (from wizr, meaning burden) is literally one who bears a burden, and hence an aider or helper, because he bears the burden of another. It may also be rendered as minister, as the word is extensively used as signifying a minister of a king.​
39a. This is in accordance with the Bible narrative. Moses was born at a time when Pharaoh had commanded all male children born to the Israelites to be thrown into the Nile. Moses’ mother kept him concealed for three months, and at last, unable to hide him any longer, cast him upon the river in an ark of bulrushes, whence he was picked up by Pharaoh’s daughter (Exod. 2:1–10).
40a. See Exod. 2:7– 9.
40b. See Exod. 2:11–15.​
48a. This contains a clear warning to Pharaoh of his end in case of rejection. Moses and Aaron were directed to convey this message. The whole account of their actual going to Pharaoh and the delivery of this message is omitted here, and the next verse gives us Pharaoh’s reply to their demand.
50a. This verse contains an argument for the necessity of Divine revelation. It says that, as Allåh has created everything, and then given it the qualities and means by which it can attain to perfection — for this is the true significance of hadå, i.e., guides it (to its goal) — so man also stands in need of spiritual and moral directions for his attainment to perfection.
So.... Moses survived a mass execution of Hebrew babies. Babies born to Hebrew women were thrown in the river to drown. It was the only way the Egyptians could control the Hebrew population. Today we have that nice clean operation.... back then.... we drown them in the river. I read the Persians bashed the babies of those they conquered on the rocks to make sure they didn't survive the river.

In the Bible, Moses had a stuttering problem. God let Aaron do the public speaking but Moses told Aaron what to say.

In the Quran, it seems that Moses couldn't speak freely about God. Aaron was assigned to speak for him.

By the time Moses caught the Egyptian beating a Hebrew worker, Moses was a grown man.

It seems the Quran has Aaron there as a witness as well. When Moses warned Pharaoh about the plagues... Aaron was there to not only speak for the stuttering Moses.... but to be a witness as well.

So this morning... it occurred to me. Job had to deal with the loss of his family.... he's the hang in there guy. Moses had to deal with surviving what was the abortion of the day.... he's the don't give up guy.

Moses' sister kept an eye out for him. She made sure her mother could watch over her brother. That's in the Bible and the Quran.

This shows there is a Spiritual and Moral Direction to God's plans.

☕

Please pardon the issues with copy and paste. The Quran is acting up again.