Quran 3:108. These are the revelations of God. We recite them to you in truth. God desires no injustice for mankind.
109. To God belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth, and to God all events are referred.
110. You are the best community that ever emerged for humanity: you advocate what is moral, and forbid what is immoral, and believe in God. Had the People of the Scripture believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are the believers, but most of them are sinners.
111. They will do you no harm, beyond insulting you. And if they fight you, they will turn around and flee, then they will not be helped.
112. They shall be humiliated wherever they are encountered, except through a rope from God, and a rope from the people; and they incurred wrath from God, and were stricken with misery. That is because they rejected God’s revelations, and killed the prophets unjustly. That is because they rebelled and committed aggression.
113. They are not alike. Among the People of the Scripture is a community that is upright; they recite God’s revelations throughout the night, and they prostrate themselves.
114. They believe in God and the Last Day, and advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and are quick to do good deeds. These are among the righteous.
115. Whatever good they do, they will not be denied it. God knows the righteous.
116. As for those who disbelieve, neither their possessions nor their children will avail them anything against God. These are the inhabitants of the Fire, abiding therein forever.
117. The parable of what they spend in this worldly life is that of a frosty wind that strikes the harvest of a people who have wronged their souls, and destroys it. God did not wrong them, but they wronged their own selves
The commentary says this is more of the Muslim v. Jews and Christians.
The People of the Scripture are "thumpers". They clobber everyone with their Bible.... acting all self righteous and Know-it all..... when they are really hateful mean "do it my way" asses.
When I was a kid. When I first met Jesus... in church.... while my friend played the piano and my dad was a deacon..... I was taught Christianity is the only real religion. I lived in a neighborhood where everyone went to the same "church" and mom said they were all doomed to hell because they weren't going to a good Protestant church. I think they were Mormons or Seventh Day Adventists. I wasn't "evangelized" yet. I was still an "anyone who loves God" Christian at that age.
When I was a kid.... I was very very very sheltered. There was only one black kid in school. Muslims and Jews all lived in Israel.... that great big desert in Arabia. When I was a kid.... I was one of the good kids who sat up in Mr. Whipple's apple trees and talked about God and Angels. The concept of another religion other than my own... or that of my friends.... was as foreign as it gets.
Christians are always willing to "share" the Gospel. They think they are "called" to clobber the ignorant with their version of "the truth" even if they never ever read it all for themselves. They just repeated what someone else, equally as ignorant, told them in an apple tree or in a church pew or on the TV on Sunday morning. Ignorance is no excuse in court..... and they feel called to "call out the ignorant" and teach them "truth".... even though the majority of them don't have a clue.
I had heroes like Jesus and Sky King and Roy Rogers and the Cartwrights and Josh Randall..... what did I know of Islam. The teachers of Islam didn't slam the door in my face. The church decided not to teach anything that had to do with Islam. We were taught to be careful about expanding our horizons beyond the church because there are "non-believers" out there who will trick us into believing their way.
Non-Believers or Dis-Believers..... Isaac or Ishmael..... they all have a sales pitch.... they all want to increase in number.
It's all made really simple.... Muslims, Jews, and Christians all Believe in the same God.
God knows which of us choose Him.