Quran 4: 135. O you who believe! Stand firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even if against yourselves, or your parents, or your relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, God takes care of both. So do not follow your desires, lest you swerve. If you deviate, or turn away—then God is Aware of what you do.
136. O you who believe! Believe in God and His messenger, and the Book He sent down to His messenger, and the Book He sent down before. Whoever rejects God, His angels, His Books, His messengers, and the Last Day, has strayed far in error.
137. Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe, then disbelieve, then increase in disbelief, God will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to a way.
138. Inform the hypocrites that they will have a painful punishment.
139. Those who ally themselves with the disbelievers instead of the believers. Do they seek glory in them? All glory belongs to God.
140. He has revealed to you in the Book that when you hear God’s revelations being rejected, or ridiculed, do not sit with them until they engage in some other subject. Otherwise, you would be like them. God will gather the hypocrites and the disbelievers, into Hell, altogether.
141. Those who lie in wait for you: if you attain victory from God, they say, “Were we not with you?” But if the disbelievers get a turn, they say, “Did we not side with you, and defend you from the believers?” God will judge between you on the Day of Resurrection; and God will give the disbelievers no means of overcoming the believers.
142. The hypocrites try to deceive God, but He is deceiving them. And when they stand for prayer, they stand lazily, showing off in front of people, and remembering God only a little.
143. Wavering in between, neither with these, nor with those. Whomever God sends astray, you will never find for him a way.
144. O you who believe! Do not befriend disbelievers rather than believers. Do you want to give God a clear case against you?
145. The hypocrites will be in the lowest level of the Fire, and you will find no helper for them.
146. Except those who repent, and reform, and hold fast to God, and dedicate their religion to God alone. These are with the believers; and God will give the believers a great reward.
147. What would God accomplish by your punishment, if you have given thanks, and have believed? God is Appreciative and Cognizant.
This is from the commentary this morning.
Insincerity in religion is the worst of all sins. Hence the hypocrites are spoken of as being in the lowest depths of the Fire. The most important question for every believer is: Are his actions in accordance with his avowed beliefs? Does he do what he says? If not, there is a tinge of hypocrisy in him. Elsewhere it is said: “O you who believe, why say you that which you do not? It is most hateful in the sight of Allåh that you say that which you do not” (61:2, 3). The next verse makes a pointed reference to this — God will not punish the Muslims if they are true to their beliefs.
These verses don't say.... anyone who doesn't believe in the mosque..... or anyone who doesn't believe in this man or that man or these politics or those politics.....
These verses say.... anyone who doesn't believe in God.
Some may say.... since the Muslim's didn't write their book until 600CE..... they are new.
Muslims are as old as Isaac and Ishmael. Muslims are the brothers from another mother of the Jews.
There weren't even printing presses until around 1440..... so this Muslim writings might not be as old as Abraham.... but it's not new.
I would say there wasn't a Protestant Revolution until about a thousand years after the Quran was written and some years after the first printing press slammed out the first Bible.
As a matter of fact..... none of the humans had a set religion until after the printing press because people were stuck believing what they were told.
There was no mass transit.... no highways leading from one town to another which would allow the spread of ideas.... people were walking or riding animals.
News was carried by venders..... God was a personal thing..... one town may place their mats facing a particular direction..... while another might be alarmed by it.... and that's what makes people pick up their weapons.
Hypocrites have to deceive. It's what they do.... it's what makes them a hypocrite.... they are willing to please everyone....
If I say the sky is blue.... they go along.... If I argue the clouds are really a purple not white.... they go along.... they are my good buddy.... whatever I say.... they need me to like them so they go along with me.... so I will like them. They crave the attention.... the belonging... they are empty.
Ever seen one of those geese by the bank of the bay? How they fight for food..... they pretend to be part of the flock.... but they are only in it for themselves... they will beat a buddy up over a piece of bread. They are empty.... they crave to be fed....
Hypocrites crave recognition.... and they will believe any way you want them to.... or say anything they have to.... to keep their spot in the bright lights of adoration and praise.... in place of anyone else.... even God.
Hypocrisy.... the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
Pretense....an attempt to make something that is not the case appear true.