Quran 6:1-10 God shows us.... fabulous things

seekeroftruth

Quran 6: In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Praise be to God, Who created the heavens and the earth, and made the darkness and the light. Yet those who disbelieve ascribe equals to their Lord.
2. It is He Who created you from clay, then decided a term—a term determined by Him. Yet you doubt.
3. He is God in the heavens and the earth. He knows what you keep secret and what you make public; and He knows what you earn.
4. Not one of their Lord’s signs comes to them, but they turn away from it.
5. They denied the truth when it has come to them; but soon will reach them the news of what they used to ridicule.
6. Have they not considered how many generations We destroyed before them? We had established them on earth more firmly than We established you, and We sent the clouds pouring down abundant rain on them, and We made rivers flow beneath them. But We destroyed them for their sins, and established other civilizations after them.
7. Had We sent down upon you a book on paper, and they had touched it with their hands, those who disbelieve would have said, “This is nothing but plain magic.”
8. And they say, “Why was an angel not sent down to him.” Had We sent down an angel, the matter would have been settled, and they would not have been reprieved.
9. Had We made him an angel, We would have made him a man, and confused them when they are already confused.
10. Messengers before you were ridiculed, but those who mocked them became besieged by what they ridiculed

This chapter is called "Cattle". I hope to understand why it's called "Cattle" by the end of the chapter.

This is from the commentary..... on the Chapter Opening.

The name of this chapter is taken from the mention of cattle in connection with certain superstitions and idolatrous practices of the Arabs, the abolition of which was needed to establish the doctrine of Divine Unity in all its purity. The object of Islåm was not simply to preach Unity, but to make it the basis of a Muslim’s practical life, and so to uproot all idolatrous practices.
The whole of this chapter was revealed in one portion (I‘Ab-Rz). It is generally considered to belong to the last year of the Holy Prophet’s life at Makkah.
Same commentary.... now this is about today's verses.... and verses 7&8 made me smile this morning.

The first term is that of life and the second the Resurrection. All men are here said to be created from clay, which means, in the case of Adam as well as men generally, that the earth is the original source, and dust the first stage, of life.
Life in Resurrection spoken of in the previous verse is here stated to be the result of man’s own actions, which, whether done secretly or openly, are known to God. It is out of what you earn that He shapes a new life for you.
“The People of the Book ask thee to bring down to them a Book from heaven”. So far removed are people from spiritual realities that they want to see them in a physical form. If truth had been sent down to man in the physical form of a book, and had not been revealed to the mind of man, it could not bring about a transformation in the minds of men. But even if it had taken a physical shape, they would have called it an enchantment, and still rejected it.
The Divine message was undoubtedly brought by an angel, but here again they wanted to see the spiritual reality of the angel in a physical form. The presence of angels was felt by the righteous in the transformation which they worked in their hearts but the hearts of the wicked were impervious to all good, and hence the only form in which the angels could make their presence felt to them was by punishing them for their evil deeds. Hence the coming of the angels to the guilty is always spoken of in the Qur’ån as being synonymous with the infliction of the punishment with which they were threatened.
The meaning is that if an angel were made a messenger to mankind, he would doubtless appear in the form of man inasmuch as the physical eye cannot see angels. Moreover only a human being could serve as a model for men. Thus in case an angel appeared in the shape of a man, there would still be the same confusion in their minds as when a human being was entrusted with the Divine message.
I love how plain this language is. I don't know how plain the original text and copied transcription and translation was.... but this translation is easy to read. It's like the NIV Bible.... easy to understand.

OK... this is what I'm getting out of these first ten verses. The complaint presented here is still going on today.... so it's pretty easy to see.

Humans make a lot of false assumptions about reality. The reality of it all is there are people who love The Lord, and there are people who are never going to jump to the bright side. If God sent them a hand engraved invitation, they would call it fake and send the troops out to quash the evil people who would pretend to know God. If God sent a copy of the Bible, Torah, or Quran.... and plopped it in the middle of the street in front of the Pope, King, President, or Prime Minister, open to the proper page..... with the proper verse highlighted in Divine Light..... there are people who would call that fake.... and some might try to turn it into a weapon of war.

When Moses brought his shepherd's staff to meet with pharaoh..... and the magicians brought out their staffs.... and Moses staff turned into a viper.... and the magicians made their sticks turn into vipers too.... the people didn't see that as a Divine Lesson. They didn't flinch when the Moses Viper devoured the magician vipers. Oh some did learn a lesson... but others.... they called it magic and ignore it to this day. So what makes us think that a Book... sent from Heaven..... carried by an angel.... would do any good? These verses tell us that if God sent an angel, He would give that angel some human characteristics.... like the cherubin .... and then deny they are angels because of some ridiculous idea they come up with.... like an angel will only have so many feathers and no upturned noses please.... morons.

Humans make a lot of excuses. The biggest one I hear is "I didn't know".... "Does anyone know?"

There's a big difference between not knowing and not caring. Fact is... some people don't care about God... they are their own god. No one can take their god from them because they are sure they are divine.... the world revolves around them.... so they change the world to their liking.

The other day.... a storm was on the way. There is a large tree outside our apartment where the birds all go to hide from the hot Arizona sun, or the wild Arizona monsoons. There are a lot of doves in the tree.... and a couple of peach faced parrots. There are also some birds of prey around too.... and during the storms I see them fly up in the tree. Like I said... it's a huge tree.

When the storm gets closer.... you can hear the birds calling out.... like "here's shelter"..... and it seems as though there is a circle of birds.... warning of what is coming and signaling a place of shelter.

On top of the normal birds.... there are a lot of displaced birds in my neighborhood now. Out here in Arizona, there are tens of thousands of trees that have been burnt to dust by wildfires.... and the birds are homeless.... hundreds of thousands of birds have had to find a new home.... and they must have been looking when this monsoon began to rumble.

The birds.... call to all the birds in the area.... "here's shelter". When the storm is right on the verge of busting out that first rumble of thunder, before the rain really starts to hit the ground..... the birds get quiet. Peach Faced Parrots, doves, pigeons, and hawks.... all in the same tree..... quiet..... truce.

God shows us..... fabulous things.

☕