Quran 6:11-20 "little light"

seekeroftruth

Quran 6:11. Say, “Travel the earth and observe the final fate of the deniers.”
12. Say, “To whom belongs what is in the heavens and the earth?” Say, “To God.” He has inscribed for Himself mercy. He will gather you to the Day of Resurrection, in which there is no doubt. Those who lost their souls do not believe.
13. To Him belongs whatever rests in the night and the day. He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
14. Say, “Shall I take for myself a protector other than God, Originator of the heavens and the earth, and He feeds and is not fed?” Say, “I am instructed to be the first of those who submit.” And do not be among the idolaters.
15. Say, “I fear, should I defy my Lord, the punishment of a tremendous Day.”
16. Whoever is spared on that Day—He had mercy on him. That is the clear victory.
17. If God touches you with adversity, none can remove it except He. And if He touches you with good—He is Capable of everything.
18. He is the Supreme over His servants. He is the Wise, the Expert.
19. Say, “What thing is more solemn in testimony?” Say, “God is Witness between you and me. This Quran was revealed to me, that I may warn you with it, and whomever it may reach. Do you indeed testify that there are other gods with God?” Say, “I myself do not testify.” Say, “He is but One God, and I am innocent of your idolatry.”
20. Those to whom We have given the Book recognize it as they recognize their own children; but those who have lost their souls do not believe.

There's not a lot of commentary this morning.

The Holy Prophet was thus a warner, not for the Arabs only, but for all people whom the Qur’ån may reach, i.e. for the whole world.
I have a very close friend who's family was Quaker. They, according to google, have this theory of "inner light". I was reminded of that conversation when I sat down to write this. I think the people who wrote the Quran were interested in the concept of inner light too.

A thousand years before Mr. Fox [who lead the Quakers] came on the scene, the Muslims were penning their book.

Jesus told us that we are all children of God.... all of us Christians are the adopted children of God Almighty. In verse 20 of these verses it says "as they recognize their own children?" The familiarity of family..... family... nourishes the "inner light".

Now I have an ear worm for you.... "this little light of mine.... I'm going to let it shine"...... inner light.... adopted children.... know our children....

Check out verse 13..... those who sleep at night and wake for the day..... I worked the grave yard shift for a lot of years. It's definitely different than the day shift. I can tell you that because I was part of the Waffle House staff. Yep.... I was a Waffle House waitress.... in Kissimmee, Florida. I can tell you for sure there is a difference between the people who are out during the night and the people who are out during the day.

I think back in the 600's the humans on earth were coming out of the dark ages.... and stepping into the light of the middle ages..... "this little light of mine"....

God knows us like we know our children.

God can pick us out of a crowd.

God has that connection..... of creation.... and adoration.

God can see that "little light"

☕