Quran 6:42-55 Rejection

seekeroftruth

Quran 6:42. We sent messengers to communities before you, and We afflicted them with suffering and hardship, that they may humble themselves.
43. If only, when Our calamity came upon them, they humbled themselves. But their hearts hardened, and Satan made their deeds appear good to them.
44. Then, when they disregarded what they were reminded of, We opened for them the gates of all things. Until, when they delighted in what they were given, We seized them suddenly; and at once, they were in despair.
45. Thus the last remnant of the people who did wrong was cut off. And praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.
46. Say, “Have you considered? If God took away your hearing and your sight, and set a seal on your hearts, what god other than God would restore them to you?” Note how We explain the revelations in various ways, yet they still turn away.
47. Say, “Have you considered? if God's punishment descended on you suddenly or gradually, would any be destroyed except the wrongdoing people?
48. We sent the messengers only as bearers of good news and as warners. Those who believe and reform have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve.
49. But as for those who reject Our revelations, torment will afflict them because of their defiance.
50. Say, “I do not say to you that I possess the treasuries of God, nor do I know the future, nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I only follow what is inspired to me.” Say, “Are the blind and the seeing alike? Do you not think?”
51. And warn with it those who fear to be gathered before their Lord—they have no protector or intercessor apart from Him—perhaps they will grow in piety.
52. And do not drive away those who call upon their Lord, morning and evening, seeking His attention. You are not accountable for them in any way, nor are they accountable for you in any way. If you drive them away, you would be one of the unjust.
53. Thus We try some of them by means of others, that they may say, “Are these the ones whom God has favored from among us?” Is God not aware of the appreciative?
54. When those who believe in Our revelations come to you, say, “Peace be upon you, your Lord has prescribed mercy for Himself. Whoever among you does wrong out of ignorance, and then repents afterwards and reforms—He is Forgiving and Merciful.”
55. Thus We explain the revelations, and expose the path of the unrighteous.

This is from the commentary.

The commentators agree that this verse was revealed when some leading Quraish expressed their willingness to accept the Prophet if the poorer Muslims were not allowed to remain in his company at the time. The poor and the rich are here brought to the same level; they are all men, they have equal claims to learn and practise the truth. Nay, those who accepted the truth had a prior claim on the Prophet’s attention. Truth is equally accessible to all; to the religion of Islåm, no aristocracy is known. Before the Great Master the differences of rank, wealth and colour sink into insignificance, and therefore before Allåh’s Messenger, as before Allåh Himself, they must all stand upon one level. Everyone is answerable for what he does is the golden principle preached by Islåm.
The simple and decisive answer given above no doubt wounded the pride of the wealthy Quraish, who were required to sit along with the poor slaves whom they never treated as human beings, and thus they were tried.

Jesus knew what was going on in Heaven.... He is God in human form..... God's Son. Muhammed never claimed to be God's Son. Muhammed never claimed to know what was going on in Heaven. Muhammed only said what he was told to say. Muhammed has no capital in he or his or him.... where Jesus had a capital letter before He His or Him.

So the rich had a problem with the people Muhammed hung out with. Some of the rich had a problem with the people Jesus hung out with too.

The rich are drawn to opulence. The rich appreciate others who are drawn to opulence. It fits their status.

Richness comes in different fashions. I'm rich because I have a good life here on earth. Sure I'm blind in one eye.... I'm all wrinkled up with age and experience.... I can't do a lot of the things I did when I was younger. But I have a good life here on earth. I have a home, it's comfortable. I have food to eat, it's tasty. I live with my best friend who doesn't care about the blind eye or the wrinkles. I'm rich.

Poor comes in different fashions too. I've been without a home, without food, without my family, without my church, just without. I've had to sell stuff I shouldn't have sold to take care of children. I've had to move to avoid harm. I've been downtrodden and down hearted.

God doesn't just talk to the rich. God doesn't just confine Himself to the rich church. God doesn't hold us down or hold us back to make Himself look bigger or badder. God isn't impressed with shiny objects or fancy doodads.

God only cares for those who care about Him.

God knows who is going to care about Him while they are still being sculpted by His hand. While He's counting the hairs to be planted in our scalps, and selecting the colors He will adorn us with, He is considering our end story. He knows the past, and the present.... but He, being God, can know the future as well. God knows if a person is going to believe..... long before the person actually believes. God knows what we will decide before He gives us that ability to make decisions.

God doesn't judge us like the humans judge us. He has a different scale.

God judges us on who and what we accept or reject.

These verses are about rejection.

☕