R V Manufacturers

I must be missing something. Those of you who are saying "you get what you pay for", please post pics of the expensive models with nice fabric.

Some of the fabric designs are out there, I agree. Hoover had it narrowed down to two designs (Rockwood Signature Series) and one of them was on the lot with the model of Travel Trailer we wanted - so we bought it. The one that we have I really like, if I can find the pattern I will repost.

Something completely different to think about; my next RV I am going to pay attention to the plumbing. Ours uses the Qwest plumbing fittings and I have had to replace the water inlet. One thing I do not like about it is the fitting where the plumbing is joined together narrows the two ends together restricting water flow a great deal. My next RV will not have this...

Also, qwest fittings are known for leaking (over time) as the bands that clamp the piping come loose if it is not done correctly. With the vibration of towing exponentially increases the risk of a poorly crimped fitting work loose.

I have already walked out of a few 5th wheelers because they use this.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'd like to see pics. I'd post pics of mine, but it's in VA right now. It has a nice gold fabric with detail, but not different colors. The only thing we've had trouble with is the media system. It truly sucks. We've even had it replaced, and the replacement sucks just as bad as the original.

We saw a couple that looked okay, but then you feel them and it's crap.

Fabric material in an RV is more heavy duty than typical home decor fabric... one thing I remember hearing is the extreme temperature differences an RV interior endures (storage/non-use) does take its toll.

Plus, coming in from the outside and sitting down grungy would kill home-type fabric overtime. It just needs to be durable...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fabric material in an RV is more heavy duty than typical home decor fabric... one thing I remember hearing is the extreme temperature differences an RV interior endures (storage/non-use) does take its toll.

Plus, coming in from the outside and sitting down grungy would kill home-type fabric overtime. It just needs to be durable...

I figured it was something like that, but the feel is still ick.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Keystones have some really nice fabric. Its leather like, not that ugly crap everyone else uses. I have never had a problem with mine. They have some nice 5th wheels.

bcp

In My Opinion
The material in the trailers has a course feel to it, and the patterns are butt ugly.
however, I do clean my upholstery once at the start of each season, and then during if someting unexpected happens.
the ugly material that they use in those campers cleans back to looking new everytime, I have yet to find anything that will stain them.

but they are ugly, the only option was to go leather, and I just cant stand leather on sofas and chairs.

bcp

In My Opinion
Oh and just in case you walked into a bedroom and forgot how ugly the sofa was, they made the bed spread out of the same pattern.
We did change those.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I don't really care about the ugly fabric. I just wished that people who designed RVs actually used them. They would see how some of the layouts are inefficient and don't make much sense. Leads me to believe they don't actually use them otherwise they would configure them differently.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't really care about the ugly fabric. I just wished that people who designed RVs actually used them. They would see how some of the layouts are inefficient and don't make much sense. Leads me to believe they don't actually use them otherwise they would configure them differently.

What would you build and why versus what they do?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What would you build and why versus what they do?
I would make it a little more durable from a astetic standpoint. I'm thinking more construction site trailer as opposed to home living room. I don't need flower prints on the sofa and curtains. I'd have more storage in some of the dead spaces. Make the access panels easier to get to. Have pockets on the seats and chair backs for storage. Stuff like that. Maybe section off some of the storage bins underneath. Ditch the fancy paintjob on the exterior.

Make the user manual a little easier to understand. I tried hand cranking my slideouts in, but the manual doesn't correspond to the slideout mechanism that I have. So if I ever need the slide out in manually, I'm pretty much screwed.

I spent 4 months last year living out of my class A, all the while on the road. You notice things more when you are there a while that you don't notice when you are just out for the weekend.