rabies clinics for 2011

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Anyone know when the rabies clinics (at the leonardtown fairgrounds) start back up?

St. Mary's Animal Welfare League (SMAWL) will begin their March thru November Low Cost Rabies Clinic on Monday, March 14. The clinic will be held every second Monday of the month at the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds on Rte. 5 in Leonardtown from 6-8pm. The cost for the rabies vaccination is $10 for all animals including horses. To receive a 3 year vaccination owners MUST present a current unexpired rabies CERTIFICATE. Rabies tags cannot be accepted. Dogs must be on a leash and cats/ferrets must be in humane carriers. Owners with multiple or agressive animals should leave their pets in their vehicle for vaccination. Horses do not have to leave their trailers to receive the shot. For more information call 301-373-5659 or go to SMAWL - St. Mary's Animal Welfare League: Home Page.
:buddies:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I have 3 dogs, so that means I can't wait in line with them? Even if I have others to hold the dogs with me?

C

campinmutt

no certificate ...you get a 1 yr rabies ....if you want a 3 yr rabies you need an old cert to show your pet has had a rabies in the past.

you can stand in line with as many dogs on a leash as you want as long as they are not aggressive....leave the mean dogs in the car and the vet will come to your car to vaccinate them.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Sounds like you can't get the 3 year Rabies shot but you can get the 1 year Rabies shot.

It's not good for your critters to get Rabies shots too frequently, so it's best to save the certificate and get the next shot before the expiration of the certificate so you can get the 3 year shot, and not be repeating the 1 year shot year after year.

So if you don't have a current unexpired rabies certificate, your pet can't get the shot?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
So if you don't have a current unexpired rabies certificate, your pet can't get the shot?

if you did get the original from your vet.. (and its NOT expired) they can reprint you a cert......

so you could get a three yr shot.

BUT... if you do go to the clinics and get the little slip of paper ... there is no chance to get a copy of it.... you really should file it away in a safe place... in case your pet was ever in an accident or did bite another pet or person.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For the people like me that are paperwork challenged, keeping track of paperwork is a major undertaking. I wasn't the greatest secretary when I worked in that position, because I didn't like to file. I still don't, but now I force myself to keep similar topic papers together, so I at least have a CHANCE at finding something I may need.

if you did get the original from your vet.. (and its NOT expired) they can reprint you a cert......

so you could get a three yr shot.

BUT... if you do go to the clinics and get the little slip of paper ... there is no chance to get a copy of it.... you really should file it away in a safe place... in case your pet was ever in an accident or did bite another pet or person.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
SMAWL Low Cost Rabies Vaccination Clinics

BUMP!!!
Don't forget the next Rabies Clinic is MONDAY!

It is a St. Mary's County regulation that all dogs and cats over four months of age be vaccinated for rabies. It only takes one evening a year to keep your pets safe and to help control rabies in our area. Horses can stay in trailer.

Rabies Clinics are held the second Monday of most months at:
The St. Mary's County Fairgrounds
Typically in the 4-H building or Pavilion (weather permitting)
42455 Fairgrounds Road
Leonardtown, MD 20650

Time: 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.

$10.00 each - CASH or CHECK ONLY

2011 Rabies Vaccination Clinic Schedule
March 14
April 11
May 9
June 13
July 11
August 8
September 12
October 10
November 14

To receive a three-year vaccination, you must present a current rabies certificate (not tags).
:buddies:

Last edited: