Racist torture in southern Maryland

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I think one of the worst songs has to be Macarthur Park..

someone left a cake out in the rain

blah blah.. and it took so long to bake it

WTH??

Wikipedia claims that the lyric is a symbolic reference from a W.H. Auden poem. I wouldn't know since I've never been a fan of poetry - I can appreciate the language, but I'm too literalist to grasp the symbolism.

The Donna Summer version is marginally better than the Richard Harris version, but even that gives the song too much credit. Speaking of Summer, a while back at Sheetz I heard her "I Feel Love" for the first time in decades. The song was produced by Giorgio Moroder, and it doesn't sound as dated as Summer's later hits.

Etred101

Wikipedia claims that the lyric is a symbolic reference from a W.H. Auden poem. I wouldn't know since I've never been a fan of poetry - I can appreciate the language, but I'm too literalist to grasp the symbolism.

The Donna Summer version is marginally better than the Richard Harris version, but even that gives the song too much credit. Speaking of Summer, a while back at Sheetz I heard her "I Feel Love" for the first time in decades. The song was produced by Giorgio Moroder, and it doesn't sound as dated as Summer's later hits.