Ramsey is Gone!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 2:15 a.m. ET March 18, 2006

America's Team is about to get one of the country's most controversial athletes.

The Dallas Morning News reported Friday night that the Cowboys and wide receiver Terrell Owens have reached an agreement in principle.

You guys were right!

The guy is an outstanding receiver, but how long will he last in Dallas?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Penn said:
NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 2:15 a.m. ET March 18, 2006

America's Team is about to get one of the country's most controversial athletes.

The Dallas Morning News reported Friday night that the Cowboys and wide receiver Terrell Owens have reached an agreement in principle.

You guys were right!

Yeah well the writting was all over the wall, I don't know how long he'll last but he fits with the type of players Dallas has had over the past 10 years or so. We'll see.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How about the word...

Nupe2 said:
...to the Jets for a 6th round draft pick.

...anticlimactic?

Against all unreasonable hope, a sad chapter closes for the Redskins pretty much as should have been expected.

The new chapter opens; How will he do? Will he vindicate us Ramsey fans? Will he be mediocre or less?

One things for sure; I'll be following two teams training camps this summer and box scores every Monday this coming season.

Good luck, Pat.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You answered your own question...

Penn said:

He IS an outstanding receiver and, because of that and the maturity level of the Cowboys organization, he'll last as long as they want him.

They've gone though how many off field distractions with how many players, violence, drugs, coaches with guns, arrests and trials over the years?

The Eagles showed themselves to be a bunch of doe eyed brides who just KNEW they were the one who could change a bad mans heart. They got what they paid for and balked. After the season he gave them and the way he came back for the Superbowl two years ago AND the season he was having last year when they got their feelings hurt, man, give me some of that.

Suffice it to say, as long as TO is catching a TD or so and 5-6 balls and 70 plus yards per game, Dallas is damn sure not gonna have a fit if he parks in the wrong space or is an ####### in the locker room or calls somebody out for their performance.

They'll deal with it and they are suddenly a playoff contender again.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
They've gone though how many off field distractions with how many players, violence, drugs, coaches with guns, arrests and trials over the years?

BUT, none of those distractions had anything to do with team chemisty. We'll see how Dallas handles a cancer in the locker room. Once again, TO is rewarded again for his all-about-me antics and I'm sure he will continue them. I predict he will be suspended at some point during the season for conduct detrimental to the team.

big_poppa

Now first let me start off by saying I am a huuuuuuuuuuuuge BOYZ fan. If anyone has paid attention to my posts over time that should come as no suprise. HOWEVER, being a football fan first I have to agree with some people on here saying that TO may not fit in Dallas. Don't get me wrong he is an outstanding player, but the Cowboys right now need a leader, not someone to start crap every Sunday. By releasing Keyshawn they more or less doomed themselves in the WR area (not that Keyshawn was that good just that he was their No 1 receiver). Sooooooooo I do believe they will sign TO, anyone with any sense should know that. I just hope they can keep him in line, I hope that he fits ya know. Larry said it best, if he can we could be playoff contenders again, well that is if the O line gives Old Man Bledsoe the eight and a half minutes he needs to get rid of the ball. Just my two cents. PS skins way to go this offseason, Gibbs is doing all the right things for your team. It breaks my heart to say it, but you guys are gonna be even tougher next year. See I am a football fan first, then my Boyz, but, no sweep of the season for you guys again in the near future, SORRY =(!!!!!!!! Cya, Pop

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's a pretty borad brush there...

otter said:
BUT, none of those distractions had anything to do with team chemisty. We'll see how Dallas handles a cancer in the locker room. Once again, TO is rewarded again for his all-about-me antics and I'm sure he will continue them. I predict he will be suspended at some point during the season for conduct detrimental to the team.

...to say none of that affected team chemistry.

What about Parcells and all he went through with LT?

I mean, there is so little we know about as to what actually goes on behind the scenes but we are told many of the Eagles were not in support of TO's benching. We do know that McNabb is a different kind of guy and him working out in Phoenix in the offseason instead of dreay Philly with his teammates is certainly not in his favor as a team leader.

How many guys actually get along or even like each other on Superbowl teams? What does a defensive lineman care if TO is a total jerk to everyone (which he apparently is not) if the guy goes for 80 yards and gets his team the lead or a win?

Kobe and Shaq couldn't stand each other but that didn't get in the way of three straight titles, the real goal.

Gary Clark went ballistic on the sidelines at Joe Gibbs on national TV when things weren't being done the way he thought.

Looking at the Eagles, the people they've let go over the last four years and who they have become; the McNeagles, I think the real disfucntion was them as an organization. TO may be the biggest azzhat but he ain't the only one in the league and at the end of the day, if the Cowboys are winning, I don't think we're gonna hear a peep.

We'll see.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
poppa...

...you have reservations about TO?

We'll see how you feel when old man Bledsoe throws him a 10 yard out with the CB playing off 10 yards, shaking in his boots and TO either fakes him out of his shoes or breaks the tackle for an 80 yard TD.

Parcells used to call LT out in big games, challenge him, tell him the other teams LB was said to be better. TO is gonna get the ball and he's gonna keep on getting it and he better damn well do something with it or the one doing the bad mouthing won't be TO, it'll be Parcells and it'll be public.

Ask Terry Glenn.

The Eagles messed up, couldn't handle a guy with that size talent AND that size ego. Parcells ##### slaps 'em and gets there best.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Larry Gude said:
Looking at the Eagles, the people they've let go over the last four years and who they have become; the McNeagles, I think the real disfucntion was them as an organization.
TO may be the biggest azzhat but he ain't the only one in the league and at the end of the day, if the Cowboys are winning, I don't think we're gonna hear a peep.

We'll see.
And, that's what it really comes down to: "...if the Cowboys are winning...."

If he produces for them, all will be forgotten. Wonder if Parcells will have a word or two with him, when he gets to training camp.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Penn said:
And, that's what it really comes down to: "...if the Cowboys are winning...."

If he produces for them, all will be forgotten. Wonder if Parcells will have a word or two with him, when he gets to training camp.

They were 9-7 last year, beating SanDiego, KC and the Panthers late in the year when it mattered and defensively were ranked one spot behind us and only two spots behind us in total offense.

Jason Witten. Terry Glenn.

They are better with him.