Random thoughts my brain throws out to keep me from sleeping

Bobwhite

I've always thought that because we were deep into the industrial revolution and nearing the second industrial revolution that slavery would have gone by the wayside with no interference from anybody. All the plantation owners would have come to the realization that they could produce a lot less expensively with all the new inventions that were coming on the market.

If there had been no slavery, all those aforesaid inventions would have come into being sooner.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've always thought that because we were deep into the industrial revolution and nearing the second industrial revolution that slavery would have gone by the wayside with no interference from anybody. All the plantation owners would have come to the realization that they could produce a lot less expensively with all the new inventions that were coming on the market.

If there had been no slavery, all those aforesaid inventions would have come into being sooner.
I agree 100% with this statement. I would guess by 1870 with 1875 at the latest.