[Rant] Every Day...

Beta

Smile!
Translation: "I have nowhere left to go, so I'll resort to name calling."

Personal attacks are the lowest form of debate.

*shrug*

oh well.
Nope, there's no name calling within the debate. I ended the debate, called it dumb, and said have fun with the last word.

DING DING

Even simpler, if 10 cars can get thru the light in one lane, then 20 can using 2, the third lane adds a 50% increase over using just two lanes - 30 cars.

What would help with the merging is similar common sense, if people would accelerate at a decent rate, gaps would open in traffic. But when a couple of pokes slow it down, traffic bunches up and merging is difficult.

Personally I don't use that lane because you get people who don't move and then you are stalled, but more power to those who can get thru because it's that many fewer cars stretching back down the highway and potentially blocking an intersection there.
Exactly. That means the traffic flows 33% faster, which significantly alleviates traffic. Since there are never enough people in the 3rd lane pulling through that light, traffic COULD move faster all the way back to the base if the 3rd lane was used more. That would eliminate the "douche" factor because everyone would use the 3rd lane as a normal lane and it wouldn't be used by people trying to pass traffic.

I'm starting to like the idea of having both right lanes designated to turn right onto Rt. 4. That's how the road is set up heading South at that intersection.

Begin the double right turn once you are past Shady Mile.

:popcorn:
Not a bad idea in theory, but since Rt 4 is a single lane, it wouldn't really help much. All that would do is provide an extra lane for the people making a right to sit and wait on the traffic ahead. :shrug:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I'm starting to like the idea of having both right lanes designated to turn right onto Rt. 4. That's how the road is set up heading South at that intersection.

Begin the double right turn once you are past Shady Mile.

:popcorn:

I think that has some merit, but I think they should add a concrete island before the light at First Colony. I've seen several cars rear endied when they slowed to make an actual right turn before RT 4.
After all, that extra wide shoulder was meant for people to be able to slow to make the turn but has become corrupted in the race to RT 4.
But allowing turns from both lanes would ease the panic to get all the way over so soon.