Received my census form, big questions!

SamSpade

FYI, the 2000 census questions are identical to the 2010 census questions. So, for those biatching about it, did you biatch about it then?
http://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d61a.pdf

It also looks like the 1990 census was similar. I couldn't find a pdf of the form like I could for the 2000, but here are the questions (this appears to be the long form).
1990 Census Questions and Instructions

At work, they have a poster declaring that the 1910 Census had 36 questions, compared to the 10, now.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Would you be upset if a cop knocked on your door and searched your home? You shouldn't if you don't have anything to hide.

Do you know every item, chemical and "weapon" that is illegal either federally, state wide, or county and/ or city you live in?

Do you know for sure that in your house you have NONE of these items?

I wouldn't take the chance.. I have NO idea what they may have made illegal yesterday that would have them knocking on my door today..

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Yes.

I'm good with name and ages. Anything else is not pertinent, and I see no reason to waste my tax money on gathering such information, tallying it, distributing it, etc. If there is a reasonable need for it, get the funding to meet that need, not via a census.

:lol:

E

EmptyTimCup

I don't get objection to the Census. Once in ten years the government asks how many people live there,

but same they are asking more than how many @ X Address ....

and this whole "fill out your census to get your fair share of Goberment Cheese"

appeals to peoples Greed ... "I wanna git my big screen tv too, where are my Obama Dollars"

bookrat

Absolutely not, but why ask for irrelevant information? It costs money to process data. Huge money when the government is involved. BTW, since you have no issue with this, could you please PM me with your phone number, bank account number, ATM pin, and address? I promise they will only be used for statistical purposes.

Quit being an arsehole and just answer the questions or trash it...

bcp

In My Opinion
but same they are asking more than how many @ X Address ....

and this whole "fill out your census to get your fair share of Goberment Cheese"

appeals to peoples Greed ... "I wanna git my big screen tv too, where are my Obama Dollars"
I'm thinking the same thing.
and I have a plan. should work.

So I get health care from the gubernments, big deal, what am I supposed to do with it.
I don't have a car, (well, I'm going to tell them that) so I cant get to the doctors office every time I sneeze.
If this health care is going to truly be equal then I will need a car and car insurance given to me. Its my right, I'm entitled to this.

Now, I don't live in the worst of areas and all my white neighbors have Lincolns, BMW's, Mercedes etc.. so, to fit in and not make the neighborhood look like "the hood" I will be needing a new car of equal stature as my neighbors.

I sent a letter to that nice lady Mrs Pelosi about this, I have no doubt that my new car is heading my way on a truck as I type this.

oh, and to fit in I will need to drive drunk at least once a week, so if we can get the food stamps to cover malt liqueur, that would be very helpful.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I never thought that filling out my census form would make me feel like such a rebel. :blushing:

:lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
I fail to understand how the census will do that. Please enlighten me.
we already know that the census is to make sure your community (you) get your fair share.
so lets look at this.
If you are in a certain type of community, you get all kinds of free stuff, If you are in a different type of community, you get to pay for the free stuff that the other type of community gets.

simple test.
Look out your nearest window, if you see a crack dealer sitting on your front stoop surrounded by ho's, and there are a bunch of nekkid 6 year olds running free without any parent in sight, and the police have someone bent over their car in hadcuffs, You get free stuff.

Now, if you look out and see people taking care of the yards, houses with all the windows still in the holes, and the 6 year olds are dressed and playing with a parent somewhere near them. and the only police car on the block belongs to the guy that lives at the house that its a parked at. You get to pay.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
we already know that the census is to make sure your community (you) get your fair share.
so lets look at this.
If you are in a certain type of community, you get all kinds of free stuff, If you are in a different type of community, you get to pay for the free stuff that the other type of community gets.

simple test.
Look out your nearest window, if you see a crack dealer sitting on your front stoop surrounded by ho's, and there are a bunch of nekkid 6 year olds running free without any parent in sight, and the police have someone bent over their car in hadcuffs, You get free stuff.

Now, if you look out and see people taking care of the yards, houses with all the windows still in the holes, and the 6 year olds are dressed and playing with a parent somewhere near them. and the only police car on the block belongs to the guy that lives at the house that its a parked at. You get to pay.

Well, dang. If I had known that not returning my census form would have defeated government handouts, I certainly would not have done it. My bad.

Cowgirl

I just made a dentist appt to take out my filling. I know the government is tracking me through it! And I just got fitted for a nifty tin foil hat! :clap: