Recommendations for Band or DJ?

KWAK

My sister and I are in the process of planning a surprise 50th birthday party for our mom and we're wanting to hire a band or dj. Looking for someone who can do country, rock and maybe some oldies type music.

Any recommendations??

mizteresa1965

Chuckie Thompson ! ! :smile:

I don't have his number with me, but I can't get it later......unless some other forumite can provide it.........

kellyg220

Band Band!! Bad DJ Experience

The Southern Comfort Band is really good!! I'd stay away from the DJ above "big t's entertainment" though, ruined my cousin's wedding last year!! It was really really just a sad situation. Anyway, I liked the band that performs at club 911 sometimes too, very diverse, have to think of there name. Kelly

Clearperf

DJ suggestion! :)

Hey there..if your looking for a good DJ that will play country, rock, and some alternative...at an affordable rate! You do want to call DJ Chuck Thompson. His father DJs at Toots. (Charles!) He is listed in the phone book THompson, JR. Charles - in Mechanicsville.:starcat:

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Book a band... its better live entertainment...

Why book a DJ when you can make your own CD and play that... or you can tune into Satelite radio...

Last edited:

Clearperf

Why a DJ...

:yay:because your talking about a 50th birthday party. Its hard to find a band that can offer such a wide variety of music. A good DJ keeps the party dancing...and keeps the party lively by entertaining the crowd. Playing your own cds... isnt much fun for the family friend having to do all the work. And there arent that many bands out there as affordable as a DJ.

Either way...I hope you pull off a wonderful birthday party! :) (As you can see I am partial to a dj!!!) I have had Numerous parties - and a DJ has always been the best route for me!

Good luck!

Beetlejuice

ok I will do it for $50

boxing beet.jpg

Dodgem250

My sister and I are in the process of planning a surprise 50th birthday party for our mom and we're wanting to hire a band or dj. Looking for someone who can do country, rock and maybe some oldies type music.

Any recommendations??

Contact Roadhouse, Look up Bill Hall in the yellow book or see Dennis Higdon at Mitchells Supply in La Plata.

Thanks,
Dodgem

Bigt3725

Big T's Entertainment LLC
Just curious what wedding your speaking of. You have only 2 posts look like you got on here just to bash my company. I have done many successful weddings and every wedding I've done has been great. I have never received a bad review from my clients. What is the first name of the bride and groom so I may understand better. To my records we have had no issues or complaints. I would like to speak with the bride and groom and give them my apologizes if this is so. I have a feeling this could be a bogus competitor. But if it isn't please correct me. If anyone at all has doubts about our services we have a very extended line of references and will be glad to provide them.

lifelover

Top 100 Billboard Hits for the last 60 years

'A Band in a Box'! Deejay Lori Anne! From Club 911! Largest selection of music and karaoke, best venue in Southern Maryland! Reasonable rates. Yellow pages