Recommendations for car repair places

slseaweed

Any recommendations for car repair places in the area (California, Hollywood, Mechanicsville, Lex Park) that are reputable? I prefer someplace other than Laser Lube, Tires Plus, and Mr. Tire.

I'm looking for a new place to get basic stuff done....oil changes, tire rotations, new tires, and whatever else kinda car stuff that may go wrong on my car.

What about Tom Hodges? Guy Motors? I've heard a couple good things about them.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Any recommendations for car repair places in the area (California, Hollywood, Mechanicsville, Lex Park) that are reputable? I prefer someplace other than Laser Lube, Tires Plus, and Mr. Tire.

I'm looking for a new place to get basic stuff done....oil changes, tire rotations, new tires, and whatever else kinda car stuff that may go wrong on my car.

Do NOT go to Mr. Tire unless you want high prices and problems later.

glhs837

Power with Control
Cant speak to Tom Hodges repair shop, although both used vehicles I bought from him were as advertised and lasted quite a while. The only place I will tak emy vehicles besides my own garage is Curtis on Great Mills Road. Place looks like heck, but they do good work in a timely manner. And I say that as a man capable of any mechanical task that a car can present.

ciwmj

Try Martins Auto Tech in Sandy Bottom(across from Brusters Ice Cream).I have used them for quite a while and have always had good luck and reasonable prices using them. I would recommend them to anyone.

slseaweed

Try Martins Auto Tech in Sandy Bottom(across from Brusters Ice Cream).I have used them for quite a while and have always had good luck and reasonable prices using them. I would recommend them to anyone.

THANKS! Martins Auto is another one that I have heard a few good comments about. Might take your recommendation and try them. They are fairly close to me too, as I'm in Wildewood.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Makes me glad Dad used to work on cars. He's got almost every tool that can fit in a tool box. With the exception of buying and mounting new tires; I can do all maintenance in Papa Bear's garage.....with my eyes closed.

I know.....:offtopic: But go see Johnny or Gary; whoever is running Cheseldine's these days. They'll do right by you.

Namikazenaru

Either Curtis or Cheseldine

I have nothing but good things to say about Curtis Tire and auto and Cheseldine, both places have given me excellent service at a reasonable price.

BOP

Makes me glad Dad used to work on cars. He's got almost every tool that can fit in a tool box. With the exception of buying and mounting new tires; I can do all maintenance in Papa Bear's garage.....with my eyes closed.

I know.....:offtopic: But go see Johnny or Gary; whoever is running Cheseldine's these days. They'll do right by you.

Dad has a lot of tools and works on cars...so you think that makes you a mechanic?

Sorry, sparky; doesn't work that way.

DEEKAYPEE8569

dad has a lot of tools and works on cars...so you think that makes you a mechanic?

YUP :biggrin:

.....and.....when you can listen to a car run, diagnose the problem, and determine how to fix it, you can ask that question. So there. PPPTTTHHH!!! :razz:

Last edited:

flyingdog

Marks Auto just south of Gate 2 of 235. Have always called around to compare the jobs with 1/2 dozen places and he is always lowest. Great work, great service, fair price. Always tells you what to expect ahead of time and follows through. Gives you a heads up if something else is bad or going but doesn't try to talk you into work you don't need. Especially helpful if it makes sense from a labor perspective to do both things at once so you don't have to go back. I never trust mechanics and I trust Marks. I grew up with a Dad that fixed everything and never took it to a mechanic so I am skeptical but have used Marks for at least 6 things over the years and always exceeds my expectations. He will spell out labor/parts from the getgo.

That being said I don't know that he bothers with or is priced right for the general maintenance stuff like oil changes. We use Wal-mart for that.

drivingdaisy

I use Southern Tire in Lexington Park for my routhine maintenence and to check out things (mysterious noises, etc).

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Cheseldine's for tires, alignments, and Four T's garage in California Maryland, Tommy and his team do great work at reasonable prices, on both foreign and domestic, custom work, and excellent custom exhaust work! He's right next to Two Guys Collision and Quick Lube in California Maryland off 235 South, turn in where the car wash is!

SexiYaYa

THANKS! Martins Auto is another one that I have heard a few good comments about. Might take your recommendation and try them. They are fairly close to me too, as I'm in Wildewood.

Martins is WONDERFUL!!! Curtis Tire is a rip off con artist...avoid them unless you want to be overcharged!!!