Recycling

Do you recycle your plastic, glass, newspapers, etc?

• Yes, I take my stuff to a transfer station or convenience center (or alike)

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Yes, I have curbside pickup

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • No, I just throw mine away but would recycle if the county picked it up at the curb

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No, I really don't care. It's just easier to throw it all in one place

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Only cans. I have a bin on the back porch. And someone thats collects them once every couple weeks.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I've started recycling all my plastic bottles. I've always reused plastic grocery bags, but I've started picking up those inexpensive reuseable ones when I go to Trader Joes/Ikea.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Paper, glass, plastic, metal, oil, cardboard all go in the bins at the transfer station. It's actually cut down on the number of trips I need to make there. What doesnt get sorted out goes in the dumpster at work

bdh802

Bob
We used to recycle back when we lived in Anne Arundel. They gave us yellow bins and picked it up. We've adjusted here in Calvert. We now pay twice as much to have our trash picked up and it only makes sense to throw the recycle stuff in with the trash. The convenience station thing just doesn't work for us. It's nice to pass by one on Saturday morning and glad that we are not in that long line with a car full of stinky trash. Oh, well. To each his own.

I actually did see a Calvert Co. Recycle bin at one of the convenience centers a while back. I saw "Calvert Recycles" on the side of it. I kinda had to chuckle. I am glad to be a Calvert resident now and love it here but I really don't think they go very far to encourage recycling at all. The whole solid waste/recyling system is archaic if you ask me. Gotta go, I need to throw my diet coke bottle in the TRASH!

Mikeinsmd

Attachments

• condoms.jpg
    condoms.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 51

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Geek said:
This is an awesome thread. I wish I had thought of it a few days ago.

Actually, I was thinking of you today when I came up with the poll. You inspired me! :huggy: I guess that makes it "OUR" special poll.