Redskin...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...doldrums.

When it become clear that Williams and Saunders would be gone, my offseason interest just collapsed. Anyone else feel this way?

If we'd stayed intact, it would have been fun, as usual, speculating what hole we needed to fill, can we, finally, get a good, big WR, would Brunell finally be gone, what was good to build on, who would be better than last year and so forth.

Now, it's starting from scratch, again, and not from a losing team, but from a team that made the playoffs! Zorn is said to be a west coast offense type. Jason Campbell is not a Hasselback/West coast type player. We don't have WR's who run slants, staples of WC offense's. Can our line adapt to be more of a mobile, zone type quick hitting line? What happens to a league leading defense that now has a 13 year vet as it's leader?

There's just too many questions and it just seems that an awful lot is going to, naturally, change and the connection that was built last year is gone.

Malaise. Ambivalent.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
...doldrums.

There's just too many questions and it just seems that an awful lot is going to, naturally, change and the connection that was built last year is gone.

Malaise. Ambivalent.

Yep, same here. I am footballed out right now and all I'm looking forward to is getting the hull of my canoe wet and going fishing.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...doldrums.

When it become clear that Williams and Saunders would be gone, my offseason interest just collapsed. Anyone else feel this way?

If we'd stayed intact, it would have been fun, as usual, speculating what hole we needed to fill, can we, finally, get a good, big WR, would Brunell finally be gone, what was good to build on, who would be better than last year and so forth.

Now, it's starting from scratch, again, and not from a losing team, but from a team that made the playoffs! Zorn is said to be a west coast offense type. Jason Campbell is not a Hasselback/West coast type player. We don't have WR's who run slants, staples of WC offense's. Can our line adapt to be more of a mobile, zone type quick hitting line? What happens to a league leading defense that now has a 13 year vet as it's leader?

Malaise. Ambivalent.
Maybe just a bit but I can't wait to see what the 'new' produces.

I also think we stayed in tact for the most part for we've kept a majority of our coaches. We're changing but its nothing drastic from what I gather. JC has had some experience in the WC offense and did well in it...until he had to learn another offense.:lol:

Fletcher only continues to prove people wrong. He may be old but he can get the job done as he often showed last year.

Only time will tell though. If we're winning, change will be the best thing in the world.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...your enthusiasm. :buddies:
I'm a young Skins fan and perhaps that has something to do with it.:lmao:

Although, one could say that I didn't enjoy the hay-day moments of the 80's and early 90's and have suffered through the last 17 years.

I'm an optimist, I just wonder how long it will take me to be a pessimistic Skins fan.:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe find...

I'm a young Skins fan and perhaps that has something to do with it.:lmao:

Although, one could say that I didn't enjoy the hay-day moments of the 80's and early 90's and have suffered through the last 17 years.

I'm an optimist, I just wonder how long it will take me to be a pessimistic Skins fan.:killingme

...a balance between being a fan and not giving a ####? Let me know if you have any luck with that!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

...I'e said my gloomy piece; we got more questions than answers. He can have all the chance he'd like because the best I think is reasonable is to finish the year with a good direction. 6, maybe 8 wins.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...I'e said my gloomy piece; we got more questions than answers. He can have all the chance he'd like because the best I think is reasonable is to finish the year with a good direction. 6, maybe 8 wins.
It's tempting but I have to wait until April 26-27 to call my win-loss prediction.

PsyOps

Pixelated
...doldrums.

Malaise. Ambivalent.

I'm done with them. I wont be back until Snyder is gone. I think I will go with the Packers or Bears.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

It's tempting but I have to wait until April 26-27 to call my win-loss prediction.

Just shooting from the hip here, but if the D plays like they did the last few weeks of the year, and basically went back to a shut down D, they alone will win us 5-6 games. So hopefully with some new spunk in our offense, they can produce a few more...

But as BuddyLee says, its hard to try and guess right now with free agency not over, haven't had our draft yet, which will be interesting..

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Just shooting from the hip here, but if the D plays like they did the last few weeks of the year, and basically went back to a shut down D, they alone will win us 5-6 games. So hopefully with some new spunk in our offense, they can produce a few more...

But as BuddyLee says, its hard to try and guess right now with free agency not over, haven't had our draft yet, which will be interesting..

...but, like him or not, the defense was lead by Williams, who is gone. On top of that, we have questions at both corners and the leader, Fletcher, is entering his, what, 13th or 14th season, plus has Marcus got anything left?

So, yes, IF they keep up the good play, sure. I just think it is a big 'if'.

On the other hand, the defense rather consistently got it done the last 4 years in close games where the offense simply never gave them much breathing room. If Zorn turns us into a 24-27 point per game team instead of a 17-20 point team, that takes a lot of pressure off any defense and makes mediocre defenses look better.

I just think our defense, because of those position questions, Williams and an aging Cornelius Griffin, is on the verge of an overhaul and identity change being more likely than keeping up what they've been doing the last several years.

jlynnpump

Noob-alicious
...doldrums.

Malaise. Ambivalent.

I agree, it took all of last season for them to find that groove as a TEAM. Now...it's back to square one. Good thing it's racing season. lol

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...but, like him or not, the defense was lead by Williams, who is gone. On top of that, we have questions at both corners and the leader, Fletcher, is entering his, what, 13th or 14th season, plus has Marcus got anything left?

So, yes, IF they keep up the good play, sure. I just think it is a big 'if'.

On the other hand, the defense rather consistently got it done the last 4 years in close games where the offense simply never gave them much breathing room. If Zorn turns us into a 24-27 point per game team instead of a 17-20 point team, that takes a lot of pressure off any defense and makes mediocre defenses look better.

I just think our defense, because of those position questions, Williams and an aging Cornelius Griffin, is on the verge of an overhaul and identity change being more likely than keeping up what they've been doing the last several years.

Now I hate to do this...I really do... but look at the Pats, the average age on their defnse was about 47 :lol: Now granted, they had an O that put up 40pts a game, but, its not like they waisted say, 35-40 minutes a game doing it, they were a quick scoring team, which obviously means the D was on the feild more...

I'm using them in comparsion, because they were still a top notch D, and they were mostly "old". But they still got it done in the system they used... So I have faith, that our guys can still get it done.

But, being that we have a full compliment of picks this year, it wouldn't hurt my feelings spending all of them on D guys. Except for O line, with a new O coming into town, we don't really know what we need, we have fast recievers, we have a tall reciever, we have a bad ass tight end, and RB's.

So if we are "sorta kinda" giving a pass this year to the new coach, new system, why not load up on where we are oldest, and next year re-load the other side of the ball... And just see where it takes us?

But this is why I hate the off season :jameo: To much to ponder about :banghead:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I agree, it took all of last season for them to find that groove as a TEAM. Now...it's back to square one. Good thing it's racing season. lol

Not 100% accurate, the D had their sh*t together most of last year. The beginning of the year, the D was tough, just the offense was their norm, 3 and out...then when Sean went down with injury, that held us up, then with the death, that really binded us up... So I don't think it took them all year to find a groove, its just the D was under-conditioned to be on the feild 45 minutes a game :lol: