Redskin...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not accurate...

Not 100% accurate, the D had their sh*t together most of last year. The beginning of the year, the D was tough, just the offense was their norm, 3 and out...then when Sean went down with injury, that held us up, then with the death, that really binded us up... So I don't think it took them all year to find a groove, its just the D was under-conditioned to be on the feild 45 minutes a game :lol:

...there my friend. The Skins AND the Pats held a slight advantage during the regular season in time of possesion. The Pats scored quick, but they also would give up points quick.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...sorry. I don't remember him even playing. When you said we 'have' one, I think of that in terms of we 'have' a kicker; a guy who is at least good enough and has performed well.

Well, he never got a shot in the Offense, but he was a special teamer, he showed some speed on that kick off in Seattle he recovered...But none the less, younger guy, has some speed, why not give him a chance, honestly, what do we have to lose :shrug:

...they were 4th in points and yards.

Ah, gotcha :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fine...

Well, he never got a shot in the Offense, but he was a special teamer, he showed some speed on that kick off in Seattle he recovered...But none the less, younger guy, has some speed, why not give him a chance, honestly, what do we have to lose :shrug:

...with me. Heck, I'm not knocking him at all; I simply know nothing about him. I never understood why Darnerien McCants didn't get more playing time other than Gibbs didn't like him because of his poor special teams play.

As far as that goes, I never understood the Lloyd situation; call the sum##### out in games and have him run crosses and slants and let the linebackers smash his face in until he gets with the program. Then it's his azz on national TV, not behind closed doors.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...with me. Heck, I'm not knocking him at all; I simply know nothing about him. I never understood why Darnerien McCants didn't get more playing time other than Gibbs didn't like him because of his poor special teams play.

As far as that goes, I never understood the Lloyd situation; call the sum##### out in games and have him run crosses and slants and let the linebackers smash his face in until he gets with the program. Then it's his azz on national TV, not behind closed doors.

I still start him on my team in madden 06 :whistle: but then again, I also start Rod Gardner and Taylor Jacobs :lmao:

As for Lloyd, I honestly don't think he got a fair shot here either :ohwell: but was it just me, or did he look like a pig :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

I still start him on my team in madden 06 :whistle: but then again, I also start Rod Gardner and Taylor Jacobs :lmao:

As for Lloyd, I honestly don't think he got a fair shot here either :ohwell: but was it just me, or did he look like a pig :lol:

...he got in Gibb's dog house real quick, whether it was personal or practice habits or whatever. He did himself no favors dropping a few passes that would have at least given him a leg to stand on. First play of the game, Jason Campbell's first start and first play as a pro in a regular season game, a fly down the left sideline against TB, 2006, and Jason lays a 50 yard rainbow in his lap and he dropped it.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
...he got in Gibb's dog house real quick, whether it was personal or practice habits or whatever. He did himself no favors dropping a few passes that would have at least given him a leg to stand on. First play of the game, Jason Campbell's first start and first play as a pro in a regular season game, a fly down the left sideline against TB, 2006, and Jason lays a 50 yard rainbow in his lap and he dropped it.

I do remember that :lol: But then again, he was an up and coming star in San Fran, with 40 some catches his last 2 seasons there, but yet, no one seems to realize they threw "at" him 10-15 times a game, so when he would come down with 3-4 of them, it eventually equaled out to his 40 some catches a season...I just don't think he had a fair chance here, he should have been a #3 here, not a #2, I think he would still be here as a #3 guy, problem is, we paid him like he was going to be our #1 :shakinghead:, and he preformed like crap :ohwell:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
So...

we re-signed Rock Friday....

I think its a good move, but at the same time, I hope we didn't spend to much $$$$ on him being we have some decent guys out on the limb right now like Mason in all....

Though, Rock is great special teamer, a leader on special teams, and he does bring a lot of energy to the games with him, which I know can't be replaced very easily, but yet...could it be he tested free agency and had no bites so decided to come back :shrug:

I personally don't care if he tested the waters and failed. I think he brings enough to the games and fills his roles pretty darn good...plus, I'd rather see him back there than Thrash or Caldwell or something :lmao:

smilin

BOXER NATION
The Redskins are beginning to look like the Orioles - who cares? Owner similarities - maybe?
I'm bored with the Skins right now. You can't have any expectations if there isn't anything to speculate about. I have no idea (nobody else does either, except maybe Snyder) what Zorn's game plan is, or how he will be as a head coach.
Just don't know.
Hope they end up winning half their games, is next year's schedule out yet?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
The Redskins are beginning to look like the Orioles - who cares? Owner similarities - maybe?
I'm bored with the Skins right now. You can't have any expectations if there isn't anything to speculate about. I have no idea (nobody else does either, except maybe Snyder) what Zorn's game plan is, or how he will be as a head coach.
Just don't know.
Hope they end up winning half their games, is next year's schedule out yet?

The schedule itself, no, but the teams we play, yes. redskins.com has it on there somewhere.

As for no one knowing Zorn's gameplan, I honestly think that is a good thing. Everyone knew Gibb's was run-80%, pass-20%. I actually do like the suspense with not knowing what style offense Zorn will run.