Redskins Fans thoughts on Gibbs

Kerad

Since Danny likes big names and throwing cash, does anyone think Bill Cowher would be a good successor should Coach Joe decides to step down?

Cowher would be a great coach...but he's not going to want anything to do with the Redskins job.

He may very well be offered the Panthers job...which would be his perfect fit seeing as how he lives in NC. Possibly the Buccaneers...if either the Bucs or Gruden have a problem with how the last part of the season ends.

Cowher is not coming to Maryland.

Unless they pay him a Bazillion-KaJillion dollars.
:doctorevil:

Coventry17

I think there's little doubt that Gibbs is done after this year in Washington. He is making the same game management mistakes this year that he made three years ago. That's simply inexcusable. He gets a pass in the press because he is a coaching legend and he's genuinely a good guy. I also have little doubt that Danny Boy will throw enough money at Bill Cowher to fund a small army. I see some potential problems with that, however. First off, I don't think Cowher wants to get back into coaching any time soon. Secondly, if he did, I don't think he'd touch the Redskin job with a ten foot pole. Third, you're already paying Saunders and Williams to be the highest paid assistant coaches in the NFL. Saunders doesn't want to be an NFL head coach, but Williams does. If someone else is hired, he's gone. I wouldn't imagine Cowher would want to keep Saunders, either. You've got people in DC that can coach. You need to get rid of Cerrato and get someone in the GM position that can gauge talent.

Peter Forsberg

Good Guys finish last.

If Sauders is calling the plays he has done a 180 from what he did in K.C.

I'm fed up with Gibbs, no emotion, like he dosen't care if the Skins win or lose. I've been saying it since last year.
But he has a bunch of good guys.

Peter Forsberg

I think there's little doubt that Gibbs is done after this year in Washington. He is making the same game management mistakes this year that he made three years ago. That's simply inexcusable. He gets a pass in the press because he is a coaching legend and he's genuinely a good guy. I also have little doubt that Danny Boy will throw enough money at Bill Cowher to fund a small army. I see some potential problems with that, however. First off, I don't think Cowher wants to get back into coaching any time soon. Secondly, if he did, I don't think he'd touch the Redskin job with a ten foot pole. Third, you're already paying Saunders and Williams to be the highest paid assistant coaches in the NFL. Saunders doesn't want to be an NFL head coach, but Williams does. If someone else is hired, he's gone. I wouldn't imagine Cowher would want to keep Saunders, either. You've got people in DC that can coach. You need to get rid of Cerrato and get someone in the GM position that can gauge talent.
Also keep in mind Redskins have no salary cap room or draft picks to improve the team.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As that...

Also keep in mind Redskins have no salary cap room or draft picks to improve the team.

...has been the case the last three years AND it hasn't slowed them down, I would think it won't be a problem next year either.

The cap will go up. They will restructure everyone. They will trade and sign.

Peter Forsberg

...has been the case the last three years AND it hasn't slowed them down, I would think it won't be a problem next year either.

The cap will go up. They will restructure everyone. They will trade and sign.
Sign more Brandon Lloyds? Adam Archuleta's? and TJ Duckett's?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh who...

Sign more Brandon Lloyds? Adam Archuleta's? and TJ Duckett's?

...knows? I think Fletcher is, obviously, working out BUT when your defensive leader is a guy you JUST got, I mean, that's not good.

Randl El is not part of the problem BUT we still don't have the big possession type guy.

Kendall is great BUT he's what, 34 and how likely is he gonna be around for long and he cost a 4th rounder that could have become a 5-10 year starter.

We're like the little Dutch boy running around putting our fingers in leaky dikes.

Insert joke here:

Coventry17

Kendall and Randle-El are the Redskins problem in a microcosm. Kendall is not "great"... he's a "good" player being paid "great" player money. Randle is a niche player being paid franchise player money. This has been the Redskins modus operandi under Dan Snyder. Don't get me wrong, I love it, being a lifelong Redskin hater. The Redskins have been robbing Peter to pay Paul with the salary cap for years. That's coming home to roost now, as well as their history of bad drafts and mind boggling asinine free agent choices.